PDA

View Full Version : New Router table (RTA300) - old Biscuit Joiner (BJA001)

Noel White
24th February 2006, 04:49 PM
Appreciate any advice about fitting the orginal biscuit joiner BJA001 to the newer router table. According to an insert in the table instruction manual, an adaptor kit (part no. BJA250) is available from Triton. Has anybody gone down this path? Any problems?

Chesand
24th February 2006, 05:10 PM
I have done it - works OK.
It is better than original BJ process as the timber is less likely to slip as it is pressed against the cutter

Just George
24th February 2006, 06:06 PM
Try the Hills Clearence Centre near to you, they may have some in stock. The Hills Clearence Centre in Brisbane does so they might, they'd be cheaper than going to Bunnings to order it.

Noel White
25th February 2006, 11:57 AM
Thanks Chesand and George for your input. Rang Hills at Riverwood this morning - unfortunately all gone. Should have checked when I was there during the week but didn't know about the adaptor kit then.

Also interested in upgrading to the Triton Router (Minister for Home Affairs has given half a nod) but weren't any left. Any pointers for the best buy in Sydney?

Noel White
1st March 2006, 07:14 AM
Dropped into the Hills Centre at Riverwood to pick up some more blades and along side of the blades were some adaptor kits (BJA250) :p at a very inviting price. Did the conversion on the old biscuit joiner and works well.

While I was there also purchased the finger joiner (FJA300) and jigsaw kit (AJA300). Couldn't say no at those prices. Looking forward to getting the Triton router and putting these new toys to work.

Just George
1st March 2006, 04:52 PM
Thanks Chesand and George for your input. Rang Hills at Riverwood this morning - unfortunately all gone. Should have checked when I was there during the week but didn't know about the adaptor kit then.

Call the Hills Clearence Centre in Brisbane, maybe they can send you the upgrade kit for your Biscuit Joiner. They had a few left a few weeks ago.
Ph 07 32670266...

Stuart
2nd March 2006, 09:04 PM
Call the Hills Clearence Centre in Brisbane, maybe they can send you the upgrade kit for your Biscuit Joiner. They had a few left a few weeks ago.
Ph 07 32670266...

:confused: Didn't he just say he got one and has done the conversion? Why would he want another? :confused: