PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Toronto

oges
25th February 2006, 06:25 PM
Well I took a trip up to the Specialty Wood Centre at Toronto today to get some timber to make a coffee table. Feel sorry for Peter when ever I go there, as im never sure what im looking for, he is a very helpful guy and will do anything to assist. Ended up with getting some nice N.G Rosewood, has some nice reds and yellows going through it.

Been a while since I have done anything of this scale, so it will be an experience.

Now what :confused:

Well firstly i'll be reading over the project plan to see what I gotta do.

Ashore
25th February 2006, 07:11 PM
Brett whats the address out there I have been meaning to have a look for some time new

Rgds

Russell

Baz
25th February 2006, 07:31 PM
Brett, how much does he charge for NG Rosewood? I bought some recently and was very happy with the price, 150x38 for $8:75 linear metre.Rough sawn of course.
Cheers
Barry

oges
25th February 2006, 07:56 PM
Brett whats the address out there I have been meaning to have a look for some time new

25 Day Street, Toronto
http://www.woodcentre.com.au/ (not been updated for a while)
The shed and yard is chock full of timber at the moment.

Brett, how much does he charge for NG Rosewood? I bought some recently and was very happy with the price, 150x38 for $8:75 linear metre.Rough sawn of course
Ok think you got a better deal then me. I got 4 lengths of 170x38 x 2800 long for $210, but I also got him to dress them down to 32mm. Oh well I was happy with price :o

Ashore
25th February 2006, 08:08 PM
Thanks mate duly noted and copied

Rgds

Baz
26th February 2006, 11:51 AM
Brett, that price is not too bad considering you had it dressed, comparable to another wood yard here for rough sawn.
Cheers
Barry

ss_11000
26th February 2006, 04:02 PM
Specialty Wood Centre at Toronto .

hey oges, did you notice how much their pen blanks are:D

oges
26th February 2006, 04:50 PM
hey oges, did you notice how much their pen blanks are:D
I dont do turning so didnt really pay attention to the pen blanks prices, did browse at some whilst I was waiting.

ss_11000
26th February 2006, 04:55 PM
I dont do turning so didnt really pay attention to the pen blanks prices, did browse at some whilst I was waiting.

fair enough