PDA

View Full Version : raked brick prep for bagging

Rob Mc
26th February 2006, 05:50 AM
hi all...i am looking at bagging my raked brick home...should i paint the wall with bondcrete b4 i start bagging and what is the likleyhood of the mix falling out of the raked bricks as its about 6-8mm deep, as i was only going to roll the bond crete on...won't get into all the raked sections

ozwinner
26th February 2006, 08:57 AM
hi all...i am looking at bagging my raked brick home...should i paint the wall with bondcrete b4 i start bagging and what is the likleyhood of the mix falling out of the raked bricks as its about 6-8mm deep, as i was only going to roll the bond crete on...won't get into all the raked sections

Hi
You dont need bondcrete.

Bagging raked brickwork is possible if you fill in the joints first, maybe give it two coats of bagging.
Do the first coat let it dry, them rub of the first coat to get it flat where the joints are.

You will find that the mud will buldge where the joints are, no matter what you do. (unless you are after that effect of course.)

Wet the wall prior to bagging, and keep it wet.

Mix is 6 to 1.

Have fun..:p

Al :)

la Huerta
26th February 2006, 10:09 AM
ozwinner is on a role, listen to what he says as he is spot on right...you only need boncrete if it's a chalky surface to seal it and to help the cement adhere or add it to the cement as a binding agent...

Rob Mc
27th February 2006, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the reply...so fill the raked section first with the 6:1 mix then apply two bagging coats??

ozwinner
27th February 2006, 09:05 AM
Yep.

Al :)

Rob Mc
1st March 2006, 12:13 AM
thanks...will do....i hope i can sell b4 it falls off...lol....no just kidding...i'll do a good job...thanks for your help
regards
Rob