PDA

View Full Version : Platform Rocking Chair Plans

Phil Spencer
27th February 2006, 03:46 PM
I drew plans up 14 years ago for a platform rocker the plan is from a Chair that I was loaned, it was in pieces and only half there and it had been through a fire, The chair takes about 40 hours to build and is guaranteed to sort out any problems with spindle turning. To date I have made a total of six Chairs.

If any one wants a copy of the plan PM me and I will email (the file is to big for this forum)

Regards

Phil Spencer

Outsider
28th February 2006, 12:29 PM
Hi,
Sounds Interesting. Is there any chance of a picture.
Brian

Hickory
28th February 2006, 01:39 PM
Don't want to look a gift plan in the mouth but.... ;) Me too would like to see your plan, also may be interested in procuring such. :D

ratchet
28th February 2006, 04:10 PM
Depending on the degree of difficulty

I would be interested

Phil Spencer
28th February 2006, 04:20 PM
Hi,
Sounds Interesting. Is there any chance of a picture.
Brian

Phil Spencer
28th February 2006, 04:25 PM
Depending on the degree of difficulty

I would be interested
Hi Ratchet

It is easy to make, you need a lathe with at least a 3' bed and a steady rest (the steady can be made using two skate board wheels) the rest is practice and persistence as I said earlier it sorts out your spindle turning skills and the skew chisel.

Every one PLEASE PM your email address as the pdf file is about 450k and too big for this forum to handle, the plans are free and I am happy to answer any questions regarding making the chair.

Regards

Phil :)

TTIT
28th February 2006, 04:49 PM
Fantastic looking chair Phil! Count me in:D PM'ing now.

ratchet
28th February 2006, 04:50 PM
sorry

no lathe

Phil Spencer
28th February 2006, 05:44 PM
sorry

no lathe

Nowyou have an excuse to get one;)

Wood Butcher
28th February 2006, 06:27 PM
I'm interested. Hopefully I will be finished restoring the BS this week and the lathe is next on the list to be cleaned up. Looks like it would definately be great practice for spindle work!!

2850elwd
22nd April 2009, 11:36 AM
Hi Ratchet

It is easy to make, you need a lathe with at least a 3' bed and a steady rest (the steady can be made using two skate board wheels) the rest is practice and persistence as I said earlier it sorts out your spindle turning skills and the skew chisel.

Every one PLEASE PM your email address as the pdf file is about 450k and too big for this forum to handle, the plans are free and I am happy to answer any questions regarding making the chair.

Regards
Phil :)

Hi Phil,
I am having turning lessons and I would like to add a platform rocking chair to my "dreams book".
I appreciate your offer. Beautiful piece of furniture.

My e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks
Graham

sbjapan
3rd October 2010, 11:40 PM
Dear Phil,

If you are still offering the plans, I've sent you my email address by private post.

I've inherited a platform rocker that looks very much like your plan - but all the upholstery is gone. I'm hoping your instructions will help me replace it so I can use the chair!

Many thanks.

Susan

Sawdust Maker
4th October 2010, 09:40 AM
Chaps
I wouldn't put an email address on a public forum - the not so upright guys trawl the net for them
Hence Phil asking you to PM them
As I'm about to do

thanks for the offer of the plans Phil - that is very philanthropic of you :2tsup:

orraloon
4th October 2010, 02:04 PM
Phil,
That is a great looking chair and a very generious offer. Count me in.
Sending a PM.
Thanks
John

Phil Spencer
4th October 2010, 06:55 PM
Has any one a completed chair to show? :D

Sawdust Maker
4th October 2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the plans
have a greenie

This will be a project into the future

kolettas
5th January 2021, 07:28 AM
I drew plans up 14 years ago for a platform rocker the plan is from a Chair that I was loaned, it was in pieces and only half there and it had been through a fire, The chair takes about 40 hours to build and is guaranteed to sort out any problems with spindle turning. To date I have made a total of six Chairs.

If any one wants a copy of the plan PM me and I will email (the file is to big for this forum)

Regards

Phil Spencer

Dear Phil,
Very much interested to have a detailed look on the platform rocking chair plans and parts list.
Kolettas
email: [email protected]

John J G
5th March 2021, 02:58 AM

Regards

Phil Spencer

Phil

Would you be so kind as to send me a copy of the drawing you did.

Do you need my email address or can you get it of the forum?

Regards

John

DJ’s Timber
5th March 2021, 06:38 AM
Dear Phil,
Very much interested to have a detailed look on the platform rocking chair plans and parts list.
Kolettas
email: [email protected]

Phil

Would you be so kind as to send me a copy of the drawing you did.

Do you need my email address or can you get it of the forum?

Regards

John

Phil hasn’t logged on to the forums for a couple of years, so don’t expect a reply anytime soon.