PDA

View Full Version : cutting heable.

Leeok
1st March 2006, 10:29 PM
Anyone no of a good blade for cutting heable?

Tungsten is the best bet at the moment,but thought there might be another blade that can cut abrasive materials.

cheers Lee

Ashore
1st March 2006, 10:47 PM
Lee what is heable ?

Do you mean hebel that lightweight concrete stuff ?

Rgds

Leeok
1st March 2006, 11:38 PM
yeah,bet you can tell I did'nt go well at school.:o

Andy Mac
2nd March 2006, 08:57 AM
Hi Leeok,
Don't the people selling Hebel blocks have a saw you can buy? I think its like a frame saw, similar to the old gardening pruning saw, and the blades are disposable skip tooth looking things.

Cheers,

Leeok
2nd March 2006, 01:03 PM
Hi Leeok,
Don't the people selling Hebel blocks have a saw you can buy? I think its like a frame saw, similar to the old gardening pruning saw, and the blades are disposable skip tooth looking things.

Cheers,

you can cut it with a handsaw,but we have to rip it down and cut bevels ect,we use it a lot at work so it's got to be fast and acurrate.

the supplyer uses a band saw,but you have to wait till their ready,and they charge extra,so cheaper and faster for us to cut when we want.

just don't want to pay big $$$ for a tunsten blade if something cheaper would have done the same job,it's a long shot but you never now till you ask.
cheers Lee

Bodgy
2nd March 2006, 01:41 PM
I've done a bit with Hebel and always used a garden type bow saw. For fine work I use an old panel saw - which I also use to cut fibro. As you'll see the aerated cement is very easy to cut. Mind you the saw is useless for anything else afterwards - except fibro.

Ashore
2nd March 2006, 03:40 PM
Lee I think i read someware that there is a danger from the dust , high levels of silica if I remember properly , so have a check and if there is a problem make sure you get a good resperator with the correct cartridge. Espically if you are going to use power tools to cut and trim etc...

Rgds

Andy Mac
2nd March 2006, 03:56 PM
Ashore's right, I checked out the MSDS on the CSR website some time back, as someone was running a Hebel carving class here at uni. The dust from sanding and grinding etc is not good, due to silica, and should be continually wetted down with a fine mist of water...and I can't imagine that being real suitable for a bandsaw!!:eek:
Its a great product, quick & easy to work, but comes with a downside.

Cheers,

ozwinner
2nd March 2006, 04:39 PM
and should be continually wetted down with a fine mist of water...,

Sorry, but it wont help.
I have a very good friend who used to cut bricks for a living, that was until he got asilicosis (sp).
He always, always, wet cut.

Still got him though.

Al :(

The Saw Doctor
7th March 2006, 01:16 PM
Anyone no of a good blade for cutting heable?

Tungsten is the best bet at the moment,but thought there might be another blade that can cut abrasive materials.

cheers Lee

HI Lee

For cutting Hebel blocks on a bandsaw use 1/2" x 3tpi x T.C.T bandsaw.
or by hand with a T.C.T. Handsaw, you can even use a cheap harden tooth handsaw & throw it away every second day & buy a new one for $17.00.

Brad