PDA

View Full Version : Sydney classic and wooden boat show (rant)

bloggs1968
11th March 2006, 11:26 PM
Hi all,

Just got back from the sydney wooden boat show and was extremely disappointed. I congratulate the exhibitors that did go but there certainly wasn't much to see. I went in 2004 and was disappointed then too but thought I'd give it another go. Compared to the Hobart show it wasn't very good. You would think with so many wooden boats in NSW and the proximity of Sydney to toher eastern states that this could be a major event. It's got me buggered.

Anyone else go??

FWIW

AD

bitingmidge
12th March 2006, 06:30 AM
I didn't even know it was on.

Maybe there's a start!

Cheers,

P
:rolleyes: :D :D

Wongo
12th March 2006, 11:07 AM
I was again invited to show off my model ships this year and for the second time I declined it. It is just way too hard to transport them.

As I said to my wife “Just another museum” :D . Seriously there isn’t much to do there even though I get free tickets every time.

graemet
12th March 2006, 09:42 PM
I didn't even know it was on.

Maybe there's a start!

Cheers,

P
:rolleyes: :D :D
Neither did I!
Cheers
Graeme

myrnaboys
15th March 2006, 11:31 AM
yeah I went as well...........I agree it was pretty dull, and for the money it was ridiculous...........it could be such a cool event but though it is difficult to generate and atmosphere in the setting it is in.......be a lot more fun if it was at garden island or somehwere.........I wonder how many boats the dry dock could hold? :)