PDA

View Full Version : MDF craft picture frame

star_novas
20th March 2006, 06:31 PM
hi

I am trying to find someone who is able to make MDF craft frame, is any one able to suggest someone?

Thanks
Michelle

Bodgy
20th March 2006, 06:48 PM
Michelle.

You gotta:

1. Say where you live in Oz - you don't want freight etc
2. Be more descriptive of what you want made. MDF craft frame doesn't mean much to me, OK it's not steel but what is it u want. Piccies?
3. Try and scope the project, ie do you want one or 5,000?
4. Is this a freebie or are you paying

More info is required.

star_novas
20th March 2006, 10:22 PM
Hi

I am in SA - but I don't mind a bit of fright (via AUST post), if someone is able to make it.

I am looking for around 5 of them... I am looking for MDF (wood) picture frames, however I want the place of the picture moved (to allow me to scrapbook the picture frame it self), for an examples frames see below links: (these were not done by me, but it give an idea of what is needed, plan wood frame with a hole where the picture is)
http://www.tennisgifts.com/frame_scrapbook.htm
http://www.fineartandgiftdepot.com/scrapbook_frames_baby_boy.htm
http://www.finishingtouchideas.com.au/ftigallery/displayimage.php?album=38&pos=11

Payment for the goods would be paid.

BobL
20th March 2006, 11:59 PM
You can do the same thing using shadow box frames. The are kindo like mini display cabinets allowing you to show pictures and solid or 3d objects under glass. This one shows a photo of a beach in Holland together with objects from that beach.

We got our from Spolight or Ikea. They cost a few $$ and come in raw "pinus something or other". I finished ours with 400 grit paper and a couple of coats of organ oil. I won many greenies with the SWMBO setting these up.

star_novas
21st March 2006, 06:32 AM
err not really... As I wanted to scrapebook the frame, doing a scrapebook inside the frame would give a different look (an idea to consider for a future project) :)

Picture here are a lot clearer what i am looking for, the only work is currently the whole for the picture and making the back of the frame.

BobL
21st March 2006, 09:07 AM
err not really... As I wanted to scrapebook the frame, doing a scrapebook inside the frame would give a different look (an idea to consider for a future project) :)

Picture here are a lot clearer what i am looking for, the only work is currently the whole for the picture and making the back of the frame.

The easiest way to do what you want is to buy some thin MDF picture frames or even the frame moulding itself from a craft or hardware store, stick the picture onto the backing card where you want it, and then glue the strips of picture on top of the picture. You should be able to do this yourself

Outsider
21st March 2006, 02:32 PM
This job seems easy but 5 set-up times are necessary if each are different. More details are needed as previously stated.

Are all the frames the same size?
From the pictures you dont seem to need glass or do you?
What thickness MDF would you like?
Would you be specifying the exact placement of the cutout?
Is the rear rebated as a normal Frame?
Are the fronts of the frame and cutout straight chamfered or rounded?
Does it matter if the corners are rounded i.e. cut out with a router?

It would help if you indicated where you are located.

Cheers

Brian

Laser Engraver
23rd March 2006, 08:46 PM

See my website for some pictures on wood and other new ideas that might help you.

Cheers.;)