PDA

View Full Version : Roundhead, countersunk 8g woodscrews

old_picker
23rd March 2006, 01:53 PM
Wouldn't have thought this would be so hard. I rang a couple of local guys, thos warburton and ft/gully bolts and no luck. The suggestion was to look overseas. I need them to be 40mm, 45mm, 50mm, in stainless steel.
Philips ok slotted better.
thanks

scottyk
23rd March 2006, 09:37 PM
I may be wrong but aren't countersunk and round head two different things?
If I am right then that may be why no one has that item.
Try online stores they have everything, Binks yachts.
Scotty

Auld Bassoon
23rd March 2006, 09:58 PM
Wouldn't have thought this would be so hard. I rang a couple of local guys, thos warburton and ft/gully bolts and no luck. The suggestion was to look overseas. I need them to be 40mm, 45mm, 50mm, in stainless steel.
thanks

Try here http://www.winkfast.com/

Barry_White
23rd March 2006, 10:14 PM
thanks

Ray

I haven't seen those in years. It would be 30 years since I have seen any of them, That's not to say that they still aren't made. I wouldn't think there would be a huge market for them. The last ones that I saw were slotted and were cad plated.

old_picker
23rd March 2006, 10:38 PM
Yes they are exotic andused in guitar making.
The primo ones are slotted [none of ya philips heads] nickel plated, rounded head and countersunk. Oh and they have long threads meaning rght up the shank. I would be happy with philips. They are called timber screwsat bunnies but have flat heads.

Shedhand
24th March 2006, 12:23 AM
Yes they are exotic andused in guitar making.
The primo ones are slotted [none of ya philips heads] nickel plated, rounded head and countersunk. Oh and they have long threads meaning rght up the shank. I would be happy with philips. They are called timber screwsat bunnies but have flat heads.What part of the guitar are they for? The keys, pickguard or strap lugs and what type of guitar, acoustic or electric?:confused:

Shedhand
24th March 2006, 12:37 AM
These are the nearest I can find after a quick search on Google.

http://www.boltdepot.com/product.aspx?cc=3&cs=44&cm=6&cd=505

Cheers

old_picker
24th March 2006, 04:19 PM
They ae used on solid and semi solid electric guitars. Used as neck screws,picguard screws, coverplates etc etc.