PDA

View Full Version : G'day to me

masoth
25th March 2006, 10:06 AM
It's so long since I experienced the smell of wood I don't know where to start - even the language has changed.
The choice of tools is staggering, and what they do is frightening but that didn't stop me from buying.

I am very pleased to have found this forum and you may wish I hadn't. My motto:

You're only as good as your teacher - keep looking!

soth

Wood Butcher
25th March 2006, 10:22 AM
Hi Soth and welcome.

These forums are great, I have learnt so much here and continue to do so. I just hope you have a good (and sometimes twisted) sense of humour. God knows you need it here!:D

Rossluck
25th March 2006, 11:49 AM
Welcome Soth. I'm relatively new as well, and the wealth of knowledge and the humour here is great.

Ian007
25th March 2006, 01:01 PM
It's so long since I experienced the smell of wood I don't know where to start - even the language has changed.
The choice of tools is staggering, and what they do is frightening but that didn't stop me from buying.

I am very pleased to have found this forum and you may wish I hadn't. My motto:

You're only as good as your teacher - keep looking!

soth

I am sure you will be pleased to know that a well known woodworking store will be opening in Mildura very soon.:D :D

Buzzer
25th March 2006, 02:01 PM
Hi Soth,

Welcome, as a newbie I have already learn't heaps and hope you do as well!

Cheers

masoth
25th March 2006, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the welcome.
Ian007 - I reckon I can guess where. Should prove interesting.

soth

Auld Bassoon
25th March 2006, 05:36 PM
Hi Soth,

If you're half as dopey as the rest of us here, you'll have a lot of fun, and learn more than you might imagine.

Ian007
25th March 2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the welcome.
Ian007 - I reckon I can guess where. Should prove interesting.

soth

But can you guess who?:D

masoth
26th March 2006, 09:41 AM

No Mate. I've been out of "the game" for about 50 years. What I thought I knew, I didn't. And I've learned nothing since.

Can you tell?? The name, I mean.

masoth
8th April 2006, 04:13 PM

No name has been painted/attached/erected, but I now reckon I do know 'who is comming to town" - I'll make a stab and say the hyphenated company name begins and ends with the letter "C". This investigative report is based solely on the exterior colours of the building.;)

echnidna
8th April 2006, 04:51 PM
:) :)
I know,
let me guess
ctimbeconc:D

Ian007
8th April 2006, 07:44 PM
Mik

outback
8th April 2006, 08:26 PM
arba-te?

masoth
9th April 2006, 07:58 AM
.......... so I'm wrong again - the brilliant red and blue frontage had me thinking Carba-Tec. Of course I hadn't checked if retail outlets where using the manufacturer' name.

soth:o ( little bit)