PDA

View Full Version : New Drill Press

TommyC
25th March 2006, 03:43 PM
After being inspired by New Lou's thread on buying a drill press, i finally bought myself a TTI drill press yesterday. I assembled it this morning, whout too much fuss. I have noticed the cast table is not square to the chuck, no great surprise, and apparantly adjustable, so should be no problem right? There is a bolt under the table between two gussets, that appears to need loosening before you can tilt the table - but the gussets are too close together to allow a big enough shifter to get around the bolt. None of my sockets fit over it either.

Does anyone (hello Lou) who has a TTI Drill press know how to loosen this bolt???:confused:

Scissors
25th March 2006, 05:27 PM
Maybe use a pipe-socket (meh, I don't know the proper name, the cheap type of socket wrench that's found in most cars' repair kits; just a piece of pipe that's bent in at the ends to grab the nut)?

TommyC
25th March 2006, 07:29 PM
Know what you mean, I'll give it a try.....

Harry72
25th March 2006, 09:55 PM
That sounds like a good excuse to buy some more tools... probarly will need a large socket, most DP's have strenghting ribs around this area so spanners(no shifter need apply...) will not fit into the area.

TommyC
25th March 2006, 10:01 PM
Harry72 - I tried the sockets, but they wont fit, not enough room over the bolt head to fit a long socket. I might try a ring spanner.... as you say, any excuse to visit the tool shop!!:D