PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Tote
26th March 2006, 04:18 AM
Just thought I'd say gidday. We own an old house near Canberra and I'm always on the lookout for more information on techniques to restore it correctly. We've been on a long journey learning about the delights of Lime Mortar and how to repair it as well as discovering the differences between modern and traditional construction techniques. I hope to be able to learn and share knowledge on what seems to be an excellent forum.
Regards,
Tote
www.rathluba.com

Mirboo
26th March 2006, 08:53 AM
G'day Tote and welcome. This is an excellent forum and I'm sure you'll learn heaps if you stick around. There are a lot of great people who contribute to the forum, as I am sure you will be able to do, such that all of us here are learning new things all the time.

Regards,
Mirboo.

P.S. Your website is a nice idea.

Andy Mac
26th March 2006, 09:19 AM
Welcome Tote,
Nice looking old house, I'm sure you'll enjoy renovating it.... and also come up with stuff to include in the "What have you found when renovating" thread!:D

Cheers,

Tankstand
26th March 2006, 10:48 AM
Welcome aboard Tote,

Just confirming the comments made by Mirboo.

Just wait 'till I show SWMBO you web site and your wonderful house! (Boy am I gonna cop it!):D

The painted glass artwork on the doors are amazing. Have you been able to find any details as to their history/subject matter/Artist?

Please supply more pics and dimensions of the shed!:D

Chimney sweeping possums! I love it! Hope you didn't have white carpet!:eek:

julianx
26th March 2006, 12:00 PM
welcome aboard tote

beautiful house.

great web site.

So you will be supplying us all with bricks when we need them:D :D :D .

Tote
27th March 2006, 01:46 PM
Welcome aboard Tote,

Just confirming the comments made by Mirboo.

Just wait 'till I show SWMBO you web site and your wonderful house! (Boy am I gonna cop it!):D

The painted glass artwork on the doors are amazing. Have you been able to find any details as to their history/subject matter/Artist?

Please supply more pics and dimensions of the shed!:D

Chimney sweeping possums! I love it! Hope you didn't have white carpet!:eek:
The glass around the Front door is clear and etched, the Rathluba and red panels above the front and rear doors are stained but I don't know what process is used, maybe stencilled on the reverse side of the glass?, the rear door is a transfer of some description, I've never seen anything similar. The lady depicted is jacobean which would be in keeping with the Irish heritage of Captain Francis Allman.
The shed is 9m x 10m with a slab floor ( and is not big enough ):D
When we bought the house one of the neighbours said "You've got a million dollar house there, all you have to do is spend $200K on it" He may be right about the eventual value but I think he was mistaken on the amount we need to spend though:p

Regards,
Tote