View Full Version : Exotic wood suppliers

jifield
29th April 2002, 09:42 PM
We are trying to source a supplier of the following specific types of wood:
- Lignum Vitae (“wood of life”) also called Iron Mahogany or Iron Wood;

- Walnut (preferably French);

- Rosewood (preferably Brazilian);

- Pearwood also called Pear Tree (preferably from France or Germany); and

- Ebony (preferably African Gaboon Ebony - also called Black Ebony, Clabar, Gabun or Lagos).

Could anyone advise where we might be able to get any of the above?

Thanks in advance…

John

------------------
originproperties.com.au (http://www.originproperties.com.au/origin_properties_020.htm)

WAYNE
3rd May 2004, 05:47 PM
there is a good chance Peter Mayo , at Specialty Wood Centre , will be able to help (02) 4959-3573 mob 0407 290 616

Bob Willson
3rd May 2004, 05:57 PM
Endeavour Timbers in Brisbane definitely have some ebony and the last time I was there they also had walnut and Brazillian Rosewood. I don't know about the rest of them. They are a member here so send them a message. :)

DarrylF
3rd May 2004, 09:15 PM
Specialty Wood Centre have some at least. The other place to try is Trend Timbers - www.trendtimbers.com.au

rsser
15th May 2004, 03:25 PM
Len Smith at The Woodsmith (http://www.thewoodsmith.com.au) in Melb does mail order, and has some US walnut, several rosewoods and ebony. Call him - he's very helpful.

Roy Green at Get Woodworking in Williamstown Melb. has ebony and a bit of pearwood (natural edge bowl blank from memory). email: [email protected]

I was checking out their stock in the last few days (and came away richer but poorer if you know what I mean ;) )

Cheers,

Ern

cub3
8th August 2006, 07:29 PM
I have a log of this?

lubbing5cherubs
8th August 2006, 08:44 PM
Try Peter H (his member name is finewoods) a PM or email him, He sells nice wood.
Toni

kaywood
24th September 2008, 08:31 AM
Hopefully this will help those looking for a "real" exotic wood supplier. I have already order 4 different times from a company in Peru and have yet to be disappointed. The name of the company is Woodzon Company and the sales rep I worked with is named, Tom. He's the only Tom there, I believe. I have already purchased beautiful Tigerwood and Purpleheart from him. I currently have my 5th order on its way to me with a new wood (to me) called pona.
Best of luck all!:)
Kay