PDA

View Full Version : Table top

masoth
4th April 2006, 06:05 PM
I have no intention of challenging NewLou who posted:

" Redefining the Aussie WorkBench

<HR style="COLOR: #c0aa94" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I'd like to invite all forum members to help me re-define the concept of the modern workbench."

However, I do have a steel frame table-carcass which I intend converting to a Router Table. The only thing I am sure of, at the moment, is I will add an under tray, not for stability but to make a junk collection area and to add wheels at one end, and at the other end an ability to bolt the creation to, and level, with the top of my workbench.
CONFESSION: I have never used a Router - so please feel free to tell me what to do (I have my eye on at least one bloke who I expect will take advantage of that invitation).
I've too many questions I don't know how to ask - so, if you post expect me to come back with something like "Whaaaaat???"

soth

echnidna
4th April 2006, 07:53 PM
Don't enclose the router as needs an air supply to cool the motor.
Though enclosed tables may be attached to a high volume dust collector (not a shopvac)

masoth
4th April 2006, 09:18 PM
BT, thanks for that. I'd considered a blower instead of a vacumn. My bench is under the carport anyway and 'sawdust' is not, generally, harmful to the garden. Not enclosing the router saves a lot of work.

masoth
5th April 2006, 06:33 PM
Oooookayyyyyyy.
So, is there value in building the table-top to permit raising it to a right-angle?