PDA

View Full Version : cool pen

ss_11000
12th April 2006, 09:23 PM
hi all. was told to check out 'the pen shop' and saw a awesome pen. i was wondering if u can get blanks like it or do u have to home brew them?

see the whole thread

http://www.thepenshop.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1486&PN=2

ps. i would ask on there but there was to much to read to register, its yanky so they wouldn't no bout aus, and here's better anyway

Skew ChiDAMN!!
12th April 2006, 09:36 PM
100% home-brew I'm afraid.

As the thread said, he bought 3 different blanks (red, white & blue) and cut them up to make his own. Have you seen Midge's thread on the rolling pin? (I'm sure it made it to the Best of the Best) 'Tis much the same principles...

bdar
12th April 2006, 10:16 PM
Stirlo my young friend it maybe an American site but they definately know about Australia, they love our timbers especially our burls and they are learning that there are some pretty good pen crafters in Oz. So give them a go mate. Pen crafting is big dollars over ther and alot of these guys make their living just from crafting pens. When it comes to kits and the quality of kits, some suppliers are decades behind. Two that are leading the way are Carroll's and Pen Turners Paradise with some of the kits that they carry. There are guys on this forum that post on The Pen Shop and the IAP. I think Cam post on the IAP, so does Darley, I have but I really like the style of The Pen Shop. RTJW, Johnny Wooten, he started it and is a top bloke so is every one there. So Stirlo , wade through all the bulldust and register you won't regret it.
Darren

ss_11000
12th April 2006, 10:36 PM
i'll register on it one day...too late too read thru it all now....as i sed before it looks really good and it'll will be good to get more peoples opinions.

ss_11000
12th April 2006, 10:42 PM
. Have you seen Midge's thread on the rolling pin? (I'm sure it made it to the Best of the Best) 'Tis much the same principles...
not as yet...its one of those threads i'm gonna read when i've got a few spare hours, cos u cant rush the good threads

bdar
12th April 2006, 10:43 PM
Good on you Stirlo I've been turning for a long time but what I have learnt for these guys have been invaluable
Darren

ss_11000
12th April 2006, 11:12 PM
i'll register on it one day...too late too read thru it all now....as i sed before it looks really good and it'll will be good to get more peoples opinions.

20 mins later...i read all of it and am now registed as stirlo

CameronPotter
13th April 2006, 11:19 AM
Good work. I guess I will see you there as well then.

I must say that I prefer this forum as it is more general and there are more people who focus on humor...

However, the penturner forum is great from advice on how to really get the most out of pen turning. :cool:

Cam