PDA

View Full Version : free plans?

black1
19th April 2006, 11:10 PM
check out this site 23000 plans .ya gotta be able to find somethng to build http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/resources/index.php?cat=102 :cool:

chuppa
23rd April 2006, 04:16 PM
hi all,i,m new here and i need some information on building a wooden workbench foe my self.
i was advised to build it from hardwood and it will be very strong cause i,ve got two saws (both dropsaws) and it will be inside of my garage
any advice will be appreicated jeff from sydney:confused: :)

Heather Brown
25th April 2006, 12:18 PM
Hello
I am new to this site and am looking for plans to make a wooden bridge to go over a 6ft wide garden bed. Can anyone help me with this?
Regards
Heather Brown:confused:

Carry Pine
26th April 2006, 08:54 AM
hi all,i,m new here and i need some information on building a wooden workbench foe my self.
i was advised to build it from hardwood and it will be very strong cause i,ve got two saws (both dropsaws) and it will be inside of my garage
any advice will be appreicated jeff from sydney:confused: :)

Chuppa,

There are zillions of posts about workbenches on this site. There is also a great deal of discussion as to which design is the best. My advice: don't wait for an answer on this thread, go looking.
If you have drop saws, you may be interested in the recent post about Roger Gifkins' design for a sliding saw fence.
Carry Pine

Stuart
27th April 2006, 03:31 PM
Hello
I am new to this site and am looking for plans to make a wooden bridge to go over a 6ft wide garden bed. Can anyone help me with this?
Regards

Triton have quite a nice one in their plans (in Bunnies). Someone on here may be able to help out with a copy.

Auzzie turner
7th May 2006, 08:10 PM
Hello
Regards
Hi welcome to this forum. I also live in W.A. Here (http://www.rockler.com/findit.cfm?page=10223&cookietest=1) is a good website that has quite a nice bridge in it.:D

Toymaker Len
9th May 2006, 08:37 PM
I just looked at the woodworkersworkshop site and can only find advertisments. Not a free plan in sight. What am I doing wrong ?

Carry Pine
10th May 2006, 10:58 AM
I just looked at the woodworkersworkshop site and can only find advertisments. Not a free plan in sight. What am I doing wrong ?

Well said. Many of the posts here for 'Free Woodworking Plans' are websites whose main aim is to charge for plans. There are free plans available but you need to find them and all too often it is some crappy design that may have been very 'in' in the 70's.
Some insist that you register before getting into the site and goodness knows what they do with your details.
I think that if someone asks for plans of say a queen size bed that they be referred to:
a) a paying-for-plan type site if they are prepared to pay, or
b) a plan that is readily available (eg Triton, home hardware or Bunnings type plan, or a reference to a woodwork magazine with the said plans.
Carry Pine

duchampski
22nd May 2006, 12:33 PM
Hey Len,

What I've figured out about the woodworkersworkshop site is that the pages have ads on the top and along the sides but the content is in the middle. They sell plans and list over 10,000 free plans. Who counts that stuff?? You'll see links to categories they have, then there's individual listings. Fairly easy to navigate. black1 listed the link, here it is again http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/resources/index.php?cat=102

happy surfing :D

Poppa
16th June 2006, 01:00 PM
I found free plans for workbenches. As simple or fancy as you like. Good site, just ignore the rubbish.