PDA

View Full Version : Faulty remote controlled garage door

alisonol
21st April 2006, 07:35 PM
I have a Merlin 230T remote controlled garage door that sometimes just opens by itself.
What could possibly be wrong with it:confused: It happens so often that I now turn the power off at the wall.

Shedhand
21st April 2006, 08:03 PM
Mate, whenever the US Navy visits Hobart ,motorised roller doors open and close all over the river side suburbs. They ignore complaints as Seppo's do when anyone has the temerity to complain to them. Apparently its a radio frequency they use for security purposes. I don't know if this is true but its what the 'authorities' tell the media. When the ships leave, the problem goes away. Are the Seppo's in Sydney town (increasing the birth rate of the Western suburbs) ? :D

bsrlee
21st April 2006, 08:34 PM
Lacking a major radio or radar insallation to blame, just try changing the code - there should be info in the manual - there is probably someone in the area who has a remote with the same setting.

I was told a story about a fellow who had all sorts of problems with his pool/spa - machinery starting up in the middle of the night etc. - he eventually found that the problem was a neighbour's remote garage door having the same frequency/code as his spa's remote. I think he just disabled his remote receiver as he didn't need it, or installed some sort of sheilding.

stevew
6th July 2006, 01:23 PM
I had the same trouble and it turns out that the baby monitor that my neighbours purchased to monitor their newborn was set at the same frequency as my garage door.Just changed the setting on the back of the monitor and all was well again..
Cheers.
Steve

thatirwinfella
7th July 2006, 05:23 PM
we have the same thing happening with our doorbell. anything that uses a remote control can do it, perhaps a neighbour with a new car with remote locking?

Auld Bassoon
7th July 2006, 07:51 PM
I had the same trouble and it turns out that the baby monitor that my neighbours purchased to monitor their newborn was set at the same frequency as my garage door.Just changed the setting on the back of the monitor and all was well again..
Cheers.
Steve

I have to chuckle at that :) Every time your neighbour's yet-to-be ankle biter f@rts, your garage door opens... :D :D :D