PDA

View Full Version : Advice heeded

Munga
22nd April 2006, 08:39 AM
In another thread I said I had bolted my lathe to the floor to stop it walking out on me and I was advised to leave it free, as I'm very new to lathes I was unaware of the possible consequences of my actions. Thanks Skew for the advice I can now see your reasoning behind it and sorry about the late reply as my wife is very ill in hospital my mind was elseware at the time (my wife reckons it's elseware all the time). I also asked advice in another post about sizing pics which was answered by about three members and I havn't got a clue how to find that old post to reply to them, so to those members I apologise for appearing ignorant to your help.

The program one member advised lets me size them but not save or send them so I'm going to try printing them, running through the scanner then sizing.

black1
22nd April 2006, 01:45 PM
in reply to photo sizeing , what edit suite do you have?. in photoshop seven ya can adjust the size of the image down to 800x600 and it should come out to about 85 kb.( in the edit menu) most of the photoshop type programs will let ya do this. my camera is four meg and takes big pic but ya can down size to fit in this forum doing this. there are sometimes free edit suite on the front of computer mags. hope this helps. :cool:

Termite
22nd April 2006, 03:44 PM
For about the millionth time go here for JPEG Compress
http://dreamscapesoftware.com/products/jpegcompress/

Munga
23rd April 2006, 08:38 AM
Ok Termite don't get off ya bike I'll pick up ya pump.

I did download JPEG Compressor and it would not allow saveing or sending the resized pics unless I bought the program I have now found out there is two programs so I am in the process of downloading the other one now.

The first one was Advanced JPEG Compressor the other is just JPEG Compress so I happened to pick the wrong one first. SORRY.

Arch

ozwinner
23rd April 2006, 09:59 AM
I also asked advice in another post about sizing pics which was answered by about three members and I havn't got a clue how to find that old post to reply to them, so to those members I apologise for appearing ignorant to your help.

To find more posts of your own or someone else.

Right click on the persons name 9 your own in this case ) and find more posts.
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/search.php?do=finduser&u=4173

That will bring up a window with all the posts in it.

Al :)

Munga
23rd April 2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks Al got that now, I'll get the hang of this computer stuff eventually.

What is the difference between Quick reply and Reply

Cheers Arch

ozwinner
23rd April 2006, 06:45 PM
Thanks Al got that now, I'll get the hang of this computer stuff eventually.

What is the difference between Quick reply and Reply

Cheers Arch

Not much really.

Quick Reply is with no options like font sizeing etc.

Al :)