PDA

View Full Version : Maleny Wood Show

bitingmidge
22nd April 2006, 10:14 PM
Wow! A full colour lift out in the Courier Mail on Saturday! Might be a crowd this year...

April 29 - May 1

Anyone going on Saturday?

cheers,

P
:D

dai sensei
22nd April 2006, 11:30 PM
Love to go but not sure I can get there. I am already pushing it trying to take off the WWW show weekend. I'll let you know later in the week. Could be an opportunity to pick up the scroll saw.

doug the slug
23rd April 2006, 12:31 AM
Wow! A full colour lift out in the Courier Mail on Saturday! Might be a crowd this year...

April 29 - May 1

cheers,

P

didnt know it was on till i read this thread, but if i do go it will be on the saturday, how big is it , who exhibits, is there a website?:D

Cliff Rogers
23rd April 2006, 12:58 AM

April 29 - May 1

cheers,

P

Gina saw it, asked me if I was going.... sarcastic woman. :rolleyes:

Buzzer
23rd April 2006, 03:20 AM
Gina saw it, asked me if I was going.... sarcastic woman. :rolleyes:
Cliff,

I heard about it on the radio in my Tractor!!!:)

bitingmidge
23rd April 2006, 08:42 AM
didnt know it was on till i read this thread, but if i do go it will be on the saturday, how big is it , who exhibits, is there a website?:D

http://www.malenywoodexpo.com/
Doug,

I think my view is a bit jaded.. it's a small show (big for a small country town) and I go every year on the Saturday at 9.00 am, because it's a local event and I sort of like whinging about how it's never as good as last year.

There's always one or two things worth seeing, and last year Major Panic bought all the clear silver ash he needed for his new work bench :eek: :eek: :eek: .

Ruffly drove up from Toowoomba, so she's probably a better judge than I, and not much further than your trip!

Here are the threads from the last two years.... small and neat, just like the show!
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=8519
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=16764

Besides, it's good to catch up if anyone else is there!

Cheers,

P

Baz
23rd April 2006, 06:24 PM
BM, would love to go but won't be up there until June. Usually wait till it gets a bit cooler down here before heading up for some respite.
Cheers
Barry

RufflyRustic
23rd April 2006, 09:02 PM
I really enjoyed the Maleny Wood show last year. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Mr & Mrs Biting Midge and Mr & Mrs Major Panic - that made it ... special. Oh and the trip up and down the mountains in my then new Mazda6 was exceptional - gotta love that view and fresh mountain air!!!

Toowoomba to Maleny took about 3 hours.

I won't be going to the Maleny show this year :( I made other important plans for that Saturday which I'm looking forward to.:D

cheers
Wendy

dan_tom
24th April 2006, 08:23 AM
There's a few clashes on for us too :( . I am the birthing support person for a friend who is having her baby on Saturday 29th, best not leave her!! It's not a bad show and a nice drive to Maleny.

I heard that the Cooroy do is on 12th and 13th May - which clashes with the Working with Wood Show on the 12th-14th! I had hoped to go to both, but with another wedding in between on the 13th, don't think we can.

Cheers
Dan and Tom

TEEJAY
24th April 2006, 01:37 PM
Rats I would have loved to go there this year.

Went last year and I am sure it won't be as good this year :rolleyes: .

This coming weekend I am off to StGeorge with chainsaw in hand for a date with a great big redgum burl that just wants to be my dining table :cool: :D