PDA

View Full Version : 12 nails through the skull and he survived!!!

eddie the eagle
23rd April 2006, 08:54 PM
Did you see this one on the news?

Apparently this was self-inflicted under the influence.

Just amazed at the x-ray and the fact he survived

eddie

ThePope
23rd April 2006, 08:58 PM
holy fuk, is that legit ?

JDarvall
23rd April 2006, 09:02 PM
It kinda looks like nails are coming in not only from the left side BUT also from the right. ??? Am I seeing that right.

Which might suggest, that he got bored driving nails in one side, swapped hands and went at it from the other !!! Jeeez, the things you do when your bored.

:rolleyes: So, I reakon somebody else did it to him. One of those........

'keep your mouth shut punk !!!! or else your dead.......if the cops ask, you did it to yourself , get it !!!!'

.....sort of situations. I new I should have been a detective.

eddie the eagle
23rd April 2006, 09:05 PM
holy fuk, is that legit ?

I believe so - was on channel 7 news.

Also in the Sydney Morning Herald
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/man-survives-12-nails-to-the-head/2006/04/22/1145344319577.html

Cheers,

eddie

scooter
23rd April 2006, 09:16 PM
He wuz framed... ;)

dazzler
23rd April 2006, 09:21 PM
Lucky he didnt have a gifkins jig!:p

Slow6
23rd April 2006, 09:35 PM
there is no way that was self inflicted.. I think apricot has hit the nail on the head. (so to speak)

ozwinner
23rd April 2006, 09:49 PM
Methamfetamine (sp).
This is why the Oz goverment has take steps to stop the mass sale of sudoefadrine(sp, hey I aint a freekin chemist ).

Dickheads who take Metham.....etc subject themselves to abuse.
There was a reported case where a man high on the drug cut off bits of his face and fed them to his dog.

If 12x3" nails doesnt stop them, then they arent going to feel pain if they attack you, and you hit them with a stick or what ever.

Al :eek:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
23rd April 2006, 10:03 PM
Methamphetamine & pseudoephedrine, Al. So, I've had a chequered past. [shrug]

I can easily believe 'twas self-inflicted. Quite a few years ago, a mate of mine went on a whiz binge for about a week... and ended up in hospital with 1st degree burns over both arms after "burning off the ants" using cigarette lighters. While he was in care, we dropped in to his place to pick up a change of clothes for him and found four or five empty lighters lying on the floor of the lounge.

Don't know whether they were all full when he started, but they were all empty when he'd finished.

Know of a couple of other cases, but won't go there. Still, as I said, I can easily believe he did it...

doug the slug
23rd April 2006, 10:06 PM
Methamfetamine (sp).
This is why the Oz goverment has take steps to stop the mass sale of sudoefadrine(sp, hey I aint a freekin chemist ).

Dickheads who take Metham.....etc subject themselves to abuse.
There was a reported case where a man high on the drug cut off bits of his face and fed them to his dog.

If 12x3" nails doesnt stop them, then they arent going to feel pain if they attack you, and you hit them with a stick or what ever.

Al :eek:

I agree Al, looks drug related to me, and the implications of what that drug does to people is horrendous. when ambos are saying "bring back the good old days of heroin" thisstuff is way over the top

Slow6
23rd April 2006, 10:19 PM
Fair dinkum? glad I moved away from town when I did.

if thats the result of a drug... christ, I wouldn't know where to start. I've always considered heroin as the bottom rung on the ladder as it took out a few mates quite suddenly, but they just pinched my gear, never came at me with nail guns.

old_picker
24th April 2006, 12:42 PM
not heroin for sure. After a decent hit a good snooze is more likely the result than bangin' a dozen nails into your head. I would say it would be speed or acid that would cause that kind of insanity. I serously doubt is self inflicted.

TV news is always full of crap and you can't beleive half of it anyhoo. Specialy 7 and SMH.

CameronPotter
24th April 2006, 12:54 PM
I heard that from the angles or clotting or something that he would have had to reload the gun!! Arrghh.

:confused:

Why would you take this stuff?

arose62
24th April 2006, 01:33 PM
There was a TV show about these drugs a couple of weeks ago - I dragged our 13 y.o. son in to watch it!

A couple of Sydney doctors were saying that they hated the drugs - it takes on average 6 or 7 people to restrain a user, and one common side effect is "hyper-sexuality". One notable case sat in the observation cell and masturbated for 16 hours non-stop!

I can believe that the nails were self-inflicted, after what I saw on this show.

tinsmith2
24th April 2006, 02:26 PM
How the hell did he he get nails on both sides of his head and not die.

CameronPotter
24th April 2006, 02:53 PM
One notable case sat in the observation cell and masturbated for 16 hours non-stop!

16 hours non-stop! So THAT is why they take these drugs... ;)

Seriously though, anything that can mess you around that much can't be much fun. :confused:

Larry McCully
29th July 2006, 01:27 PM
Its not the drug that did the damage, it was the fella he owed tick to.

Robert WA
29th July 2006, 06:10 PM
The fact that he survived must, surely, indicate that there are no vital organs inside his head.
I wonder where they went?

ernknot
29th July 2006, 07:11 PM
I reckon it's a bit of an optical illusion, looks like the nails may be pushed under the skin. The x-ray shows them close to the outside of the numbskull.

Stuart
29th July 2006, 07:18 PM
How the hell did he he get nails on both sides of his head and not die. schit for brains obviously.

Markw
3rd August 2006, 08:49 AM
I reckon it's a bit of an optical illusion,

Not optical illusion - read touched up image :cool:

This one has been around for at least 2 to 3 years and whilst I'm not 100% certain, I think I've also seen it before in this forum.

Consider this:-

No one survives 3" nails like this in their head especially multiple instances.
Look closely at the supposed entry site, notice there is no damage to the bone. No staring or fracture from an entry.
Consider the angles and the resulting comparison between front and side images. They don't correspond.I'm not a doctor, but I have had to read x-rays before, albeit on mechanical products being tested for faults. These two images are not true.

bennylaird
3rd August 2006, 08:54 AM
Doug and Dimsdale Pirana are suspects. They nailed my head to the floor once. They were tough guys but fair.

toddles
8th August 2006, 03:02 AM
Yes - meth binging (try not sleeping for a week sometime and see how sane you are, then remember it's a psychosis inducing stimulant) can result in this sort of self harm.

Yes it did happen - check the sources:
Litvack, Z.N., Hunt, M.A., Weinstein, J.S. and West, G.A., Self-inflicted nail-gun injury with 12 cranial penetrations and associated cerebral trauma. Case report and review of the literature, Journal of Neurosurgery, 104:828–834, 2006.

Yes, pseudoephedrine (common brands include Sudafed) is a chemical precursor to ephedrine, which in turn is a chemical precursor to methamphetamine - you older folks might know it as "Ice". Sudafed is NOT a problem itself except that it can be used to make meth. Meth is cheaper, easier and safer to make than regular speed.

Yes it's the fastest growing recreational drug in Australia. Once off use involves a experience like a euphoric version of drinking WAY to much coffee (ie: people find it fun), prolonged binges and the associated sleep deprivation (ie: not sleeping for days) result in psychosis that becomes progressively more entrenched.

Yes speed freaks are scary - imagine all the worst bits of heroin: (often violent) crime to support purchase, chronic addiction, unsafe injection (though often smoked like crack as well) and add in aggression, paranoia and sleeplessness with constant agitation and you've got a friggin mess (Have known some people who've fallen to this rubbish).

meerkat
10th August 2006, 03:34 PM
He wuz framed... ;)

rofl:D:D

PenRex
23rd August 2006, 03:15 PM
How the hell did he he get nails on both sides of his head and not die.

No Brain, no pain . . .

dan_tom
4th September 2006, 09:50 AM
Check out what crystal meth daily use for two years does to your choppers...:eek:

http://www.mja.com.au/public/issues/185_05_040906/she10494_fm.html

Cheers
Dan

AlexS
4th September 2006, 02:16 PM
Glad I stuck to Minties!

PenRex
16th September 2006, 12:32 PM
Check out what crystal meth daily use for two years does to your choppers...:eek:

Cheers
Dan
Wouldn't like to see what the rest of him looks like . . .

ozwinner
16th September 2006, 06:50 PM

Cheers
Dan

I didnt know the Queens Mum was a meth head? :eek:

Al :D :p