PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Fencing Timber Melbourne

Richbeau
24th April 2006, 12:52 AM
Hi All, Just registered as I am looking to build a 50 meter picket fence and need to know how I can save some money! First cost estimate around $3,000.

Can Anyone head me to a good place in the Melbourne area - or further afield if delivery prices are sensible.

Cheers Richbeau

masterblaster
7th May 2006, 11:11 AM
Hi All, Just registered as I am looking to build a 50 meter picket fence and need to know how I can save some money! First cost estimate around $3,000.

Can Anyone head me to a good place in the Melbourne area - or further afield if delivery prices are sensible.

Cheers Richbeau

Hey Rich
Man please don't pay 3,000 , you'll break my heart .
l just built about 50 mtrs of fencing and 2 double pailing treated pine gates for about 250 bucks , give or take .
The fence is 150x25 treated pine rails bout 4.5 long x 6 rails down in each section . l considered l actually got ripped off at that because l bought the stuff at mitre 10 Warnambool who's quote was about 60cents a mtr more than my best quote - but they deliver so l took that.
l know that's not picket but the timber would be about the same considering my rails were thicker than pickets but you'd need more pickets.
Mate best advice l can give is get quotes on the timber if your doing it yourself . You'll cut it down to a 1/3 of the first quote .
Then again - if your getting it done - different story l guess . l'd still get 1/2 a dozen quotes if so bet you cut that in 1/2 atleast. Just use phone book or paper adds .
Cheers.
MB

scooter
7th May 2006, 01:36 PM
Per MB, get a number of quotes on the whole job.

Pickets (around 11 per m), rails, plinth, posts, quickset, screws, paint, delivery, etc etc - the whole box & dice. May suit you to get it all at once, otherwise (if storage is a problem for example) some yards will let you get it in a couple of lots.

Type up the list (plenty of detail - sizes, timber type, etc, etc) & email or drop in to various hardware trade depts, timber yards, etc. Request reply emailed / faxed / on paper for you to collect.

Cheers...................Sean

Sturdee
7th May 2006, 05:04 PM

Cheers Richbeau

For the supply of the timber I would recommend Chippy's Timber of 28 Marooondah Highway Ringwood (Next to the Mitcham frankston Tollway crossing) Phone 9879 4296.

Over the years I have found them to be consistantly cheaper than elsewhere and they are good people to deal with. And they are not very far away.:D

Can't find my copy of their latest price list but I know the stock cypress windsor pickets and capitals (Windsor / Gothic / round).

Peter.

masterblaster
8th May 2006, 10:55 AM
Reading these well. l must admit l did already have my poles , didn't concrete them in , didn't need rails because the railing was the rails , haven't painted it yet and already had nails so . l guess that was just for my rails alone and l also bought a heap of cement sheeting and afew other things with that which came to 700 or all up . So exactlt what the rails ended up costing l wasn't sure in the end . 250-350 l think .

Cheers

lnt9000
8th May 2006, 10:14 PM
Try this mob, got some off em about 5 years ago and at the time they were very reasonably priced, could be different now though.
http://www.directpickets.com.au/
Failing that how about Tile Importers in oakleigh, they are cheap but some quality is questionable.