PDA

View Full Version : Running Light

Bob38S
27th April 2006, 12:59 PM
This is an idea I have used for years - I wouldn't have mentioned it but a mate was over recently and was very taken with it and suggested I should share - so here goes.
Often I need or want better light where I'm working - this idea is simple - a double 120cm fluro fitting which a mate [electrician] fitted with a 10m corded plug and some hooks fitted to the top of the fitting.
A wire was then attached to the posts across the shed and the pix should show how it works
Regards,
Bob

echnidna
27th April 2006, 01:03 PM
Great idea Bob, lets the light be moved where needed

Simomatra
27th April 2006, 02:03 PM
Great idea Bob.

Like your ceiling fan as well

http://www.ubeaut.biz/cheers.gif Sam

niki
27th April 2006, 07:36 PM
That's a good one, I'll keep it.

Thanks for sharing
niki

Chris Parks
30th April 2006, 12:16 AM
My workshop has quickspan, which is a C shaped light channel holding the roof up. These channels are 9 metres long so I made carriages to run on the upturned edge and attached flouros to the carriages. Each light can move about two metres as the bracing struts restrict the travel. The best thing I ever did was put all the lights onto 3 pin plugs, this allows the addition of more lights as I need them using double adaptors or longer cords etc. My electrician put me onto this trick and it is great. It also allows light fittings to be pulled down for servicing or replacement and I can test them on a normal power point before installation.

Bob38S
30th April 2006, 11:29 AM
Good thought Mini - any chance of some pix?
I have just reread my original post and pix and have noticed that my extension lead was not on the light at this time. I often piggyback a heavy duty extension lead to the light and wire which avoids cables all over the floor.
Regards,
Bob

Chris Parks
30th April 2006, 09:28 PM
Here are some photos. A couple show the 3 pin ceiling roses and an overhead power point to save having leads across the floor. The shelf is high enough for me to walk under and is 1200 deep by 7 metres wide. It keeps all the junk off the floor. I hope all this photo stuff works. One shows unused light points and at the moment I do not need double adapters due to changing to tri phospour tubes.

Chris Parks
30th April 2006, 09:34 PM
Here is the rest that missed in the first upload.

Chris Parks
30th April 2006, 09:35 PM
I give up.