PDA

View Full Version : Roller door tension adjustment

billytam
27th April 2006, 10:02 PM
Hello,

Tried installing my owner remote control for the roller garage door and have resulted in the springs letting go and now the door is closed.:confused: The springs are all loose and I can't roll the door back up manually. I know I have to tighten up the tension again. My question is I have very limited space on either side to use a pipe wrencd, just wondering can i tighten the tension via the axle in the middle ? can the tension be tighten while the roller door is closed

Any suggestions will be much appreciated

billy

Barry_White
27th April 2006, 10:43 PM
Hi Billy

I posted the following before if you have a look and see if it will help you.

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=16034&highlight=Roller+door

If not the other alternative is to take the door down with which you will need help and roll the door up and start from scratch.

HJ0
27th April 2006, 11:16 PM
All I do is raise the roller door then wrap a strong strap or good rope, round and over the door pulled/tide nice and tight. Bend the tabs on top of each rail so the door can be lifted out of the rails and turned/tensioned, From memory approx 1 1/4-1 1/2 full turns(new door). then slide it back in the rails and your done( after bending the rail tabs back)remove rope and it's done.

ps Installed many a roller door with bars/tools etc before I realised just how silly it was

HJ0