PDA

View Full Version : Calling the Master Alchemist

fxst
30th April 2006, 11:37 PM
Neil I have a glass jar of.... well 1/4 of a jar of shellawax cream thats dried out on me. Can it be restored? I usually decant some into a smaller plastic container that fits in the draw of my mini lathe (travels with me for impromtu pen turnings :D ) and went to top it up and the stuff is all hard and dry and seems a pity to waste it as its sooooooo good. In comparison the EEE in a plastic screw top jar is good as the day I got it and I decant from that one as well.
Any advise appreciated
Pete

scooter
1st May 2006, 12:02 AM
What do you use to thin it with, Pete? Wouldn't that be the go for resurrecting it? Industrial meths maybe?

Oh, just noticed you wanted knowledgeable advice. Sorry, mate :o :D

Cheers..............Sean

ubeaut
1st May 2006, 12:21 AM
G'day Pete - Stir the living daylights out of it and it should come back somewhat. If still too thick add Shellawax liquid. If it won't soften at all take it out of the jar or just leave the top off until it is hard as a rock and use it like a wax stick.

In the mean time you could buy a new one..... I won't mind if you do.

Cheers - Neil :)

PS Whenever you do anything with the cream always give it a good stirring, this will keep it softer for much longer.

fxst
1st May 2006, 12:29 AM
G'day Pete - Stir the living daylights out of it and it should come back somewhat. If still too thick add Shellawax liquid. If it won't soften at all take it out of the jar or just leave the top off until it is hard as a rock and use it like a wax stick.

In the mean time you could buy a new one..... I won't mind if you do.

Cheers - Neil :)

PS Whenever you do anything with the cream always give it a good stirring, this will keep it softer for much longer.

Jeez dont you sleep at all Neil?:p
looks like an order for some more shellawax cream is gunna happen soon and I have a wax stick :D
re the PS I'm good at that .......oh stir the cream not the forum ....bugga