PDA

View Full Version : Muskoka Cottage

cranbrook2
3rd May 2006, 12:16 AM
Hi again everyone. here are a few pictures of a cottage i did a while ago.
i had some help from my kids and nephews. this cottage is 5,000 sq ft and is positioned on a 5 acre Island. great fishing too.:D

echnidna
3rd May 2006, 12:26 AM
Good looking weekender John,

Wot sorta fish?

cranbrook2
3rd May 2006, 12:32 AM
this is part two

cranbrook2
3rd May 2006, 12:34 AM
Thanks Bob
theres lots of salmon,lake trout, brown trout and pike

Jill
3rd May 2006, 10:32 AM
How cool is that, John - you show us all these extreme birdhouses, that just keep getting more and more oversized until they are big enough for a kid's McMansion playhouses, then you show us some bigger things - outdoor enclosed gazebo, etc. - now 'just a cottage on a five acre island' - so casual like! Lol - what on earth are you going to present next?!! Just a li'l Lear jet I built last year....

Great work - I'd love to see more shots of it finished, too - even though the frame stage to me is the most interesting and beautiful!! I'd just love to see what sort of finishes you went for.

Cheers,

Jill

fred.n
3rd May 2006, 11:09 AM
"feel the serenity"
another one of your great works John.
I hope you have many hours of great fishing

oges
3rd May 2006, 01:36 PM
Very impressive - like to see the end result

Lol - what on earth are you going to present next?!! Just a li'l Lear jet I built last year....
Probably a life sized replica of the Titanic

DPB
3rd May 2006, 02:18 PM
Come on, John. This is just another one of your giant bird houses. :D

I spent a few days in the Muskokas two years ago. Beautiful country, almost as nice as the Gulf Islands in my part of Canada.;) :D

Peter36
3rd May 2006, 09:39 PM
What a magical spot and what a fantastic building . Only one problem . At 5000 square feet its a bit small isnt it :D :D

cranbrook2
4th May 2006, 08:57 AM
Thank you again everyone for all the nice replies. i have finished pictures ,i just have to transfer them to a disc so i can load them on here.
thanks again
john:)

reef12
17th May 2006, 11:03 AM
Good God man.

5000 sq feet here is a mansion not a cottage.;)

But I guess everything in Canada is bigger then here.

Beautiful place would you like to trade for a 2180 sq foot place in the Burbs in OK.:eek:

With hardly no land

No scene no creek just people and armadillos coyote's ,Snakes ,turtles and fishing for catfish.

No I thought so.

Enjoy Paradise my friend.;)

cranbrook2
19th May 2006, 07:03 AM
Thanks reef12. i cringe at the thought of living in the city where everyone knows your business. i like country living for now.:D
thanks again
john

Auld Bassoon
19th May 2006, 07:40 PM
Great weekender John! I'm green :rolleyes:

BTW, I note in the last pic that, whilst calm when the pic was taken, the trees show a distinct accommodation to the prevailing winds, which look rather lively :)

Is there, or will you install, a small jetty for a wee sailboat too?

cranbrook2
20th May 2006, 01:05 AM
Thanks Steve. your right about the winds there. the west wind gets pretty brutal there.
the cottage had to be built a certain way to accommodate the high winds. lots of hurricane ties, 40 yr shingles and all solid micro lam beams in the front wall.
we have a lot of sail boats in the area. no shortage of wind.:D
thanks again
john