PDA

View Full Version : what is a jarrah slab worth?

loz
7th May 2006, 12:20 AM
I have just been offered $450 for a jarrah slab that I milled about 6 years ago. 4.0m x 800mm x 60mm. It has some small pockets of pocket rot and no special features.

I would have had 8 of these slabs but I had a problem with the saw and when I returned to my log some wayne kerr had chopped it up for firewood!!

I am in WA where jarrah is probably easier to get than over east and I cant be bothered value adding the slab myself

Deal or no deal? (otherwise known as new dust extractor or not?)

Skew ChiDAMN!!
7th May 2006, 01:32 AM
Measured by the cube, (it's about 1/5 m3, I think) that's expensive, but by slab-size it's a tad on the cheap side. With no features & depending on just where the rot is, I'd say that's a fair offer if they do all handling & transport.

The above is just my opinion based on the prices I see locally... so now stand back and watch me get shot down in flames. ;)

BobL
7th May 2006, 01:36 AM
Is it dressed?

I don't know if this helps but I paid $800 for 2 slabs of 3.8 m x 800 x 45 mm dressed slabs in 2002. They had maybe 50 small (mm sized) holes/cracks on each side that needed filling. It took a while but it was worth it

I would expect your slab might be worth more but being in Esperance might limit your custom.

Richardwoodhead
8th May 2006, 08:51 AM
Based on slab sales I'm aware of in Margaret River, that is a fair price.

Richard

rod1949
8th May 2006, 05:32 PM
I like that... "some wayne kerr"

Gra
8th May 2006, 05:43 PM
Some guy at the ASTRA awards listed the designer of his suit as Wanye Kerr...

That guys seems to get around, though he must look like me, I seem to get mistaken for him a lot:D:D