PDA

View Full Version : Just showin' off...

TTIT
7th May 2006, 11:27 PM
Couldn't help myself! Put in some hard yakka today and pulled this lot outta the bush!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D Five hours hard slog hauling it out by hand - Murphy ruled for the day. Burl was at ground level - hit stone first cut:(. Broke a foothold - think I cracked a rib on the way down:(. Ran out of petrol - 1/2" left of last cut:(. 3 trips to cart it out on foot - stopped to rest on meat ant nest ONCE:(. Was it worth it???:confused: You bet it was !!! - might as well have found gold:D:D:eek::D:D (She-oak actually!) The pot was made from a little knob I knocked off the tree last year when I didn't know if it was any good. Just been waiting for the weather to cool down to get the rest.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
8th May 2006, 12:48 AM
Oooer! Now, if only you were in Emerald, VIC instead of the peanut state I'd offer you a helping hand... :rolleyes:

Auzzie turner
8th May 2006, 12:52 AM
Couldn't help myself! Put in some hard yakka today and pulled this lot outta the bush!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D Five hours hard slog hauling it out by hand - Murphy ruled for the day. Burl was at ground level - hit stone first cut:(. Broke a foothold - think I cracked a rib on the way down:(. Ran out of petrol - 1/2" left of last cut:(. 3 trips to cart it out on foot - stopped to rest on meat ant nest ONCE:(. Was it worth it???:confused: You bet it was !!! - might as well have found gold:D:D:eek::D:D (She-oak actually!) The pot was made from a little knob I knocked off the tree last year when I didn't know if it was any good. Just been waiting for the weather to cool down to get the rest.

Right, so you were putting this on here for anyone who wanted
free wood to give you a call.:D

regards......Auzzieturner

CameronPotter
8th May 2006, 10:29 AM
Nice looking score!

Cam

dai sensei
9th May 2006, 09:23 PM
What a find, well done. Worth the pain.

hughie
14th May 2006, 01:27 AM
[
quote=TTIT]Couldn't help myself! Put in some hard yakka today and pulled this lot outta the bush]

I feel almost guilty I had mine delivered to the door :D
But if I ever need any help..........;)
hughie