PDA

View Full Version : Bandsawn Box Making Poll

Sculptured Box
8th May 2006, 10:13 PM
Why make Bandsawn Boxes?

RufflyRustic
8th May 2006, 11:00 PM
Hi Sculptured Box,

I think all three options apply, but number 1 most of all. The reason being that bandsaw boxes allow so much creativity to happen. Maybe one of the many reasons I love bandsawn boxes sooooo much.

cheers
Wendy

HoutBok
9th May 2006, 05:10 AM
I just want to see if I can make a bandsawn box. Don't have a creative bone in my body - if I do it's been broken for a long time.
Figure if the bandsawn box works then my bandsaw and I have finally started speaking the same language.

ptc
9th May 2006, 11:26 AM
I would say yes to all of them to.
I have a house full of bowls etc (demand for them nil.)
My poor effort at B/s boxes are now all over the world.
No 12 went to Germany.
Eagerly await Tony's Plans ,From Memory I think He said Some time in June.
The olive has been cut and now have 6 lumps to attack.
Doodling today with ideas for 12A.

Tony the shape of them does not have enough hieght for the Olive design you sent me.

jared
10th May 2006, 12:47 PM
I haven't done many of these yet, but I would have to answer yes to all of the questions in the poll.

I think one of the best things for me is that it is so free form. There is no right and wrong - you don't worry about getting the perfect joint or the perfect angle. You just cut it the way you want it and if you slip a little it's no big deal. Just design the slip into the box.

I also like that they are so quick. It's so relaxing to come home and be able to hop into the garage for a little while before dinner. Let the glue dry during dinner and go sand and finish it after getting the kiddies in bed. A one night project.

I imagine I will get into some more complex designs soon, but right now I really like seeing it come together so quickly.