PDA

View Full Version : Mr Lee, how do you do it?

Groggy
12th May 2006, 10:58 AM
I've been a bit nervous about the missus seeing the box from Lee Valley turn up. I ordered it surface mail back in Feb. Today is an unusual day in that I am home. SWMBO ran out for an hour and Mr Lee delivers 10 mins after she leaves - perfect timing Rob!

Oh yeah:
Cattldogs, router plane, grinding set, grinding jig, winding sticks, jointer edger, cabinet scraper, scraper roll, mill file, grinder tool rest, drawer card pulls, scraper set etc.

I'm off to the shed to play and hide the evidence.:D:D:D

Schtoo
12th May 2006, 11:18 AM
3 months huh?

I ordered some stuff from the US last week. Sorted out the order over a couple days, along with CC info (my card is Aussie, I live here), and they sent shipping confirmation Tuesday at 2:30 pm.

I got a knock on the door at 2:30 pm yesterday with the stuff.

48 hours.

Kinda makes surface mail look a little sick in a time/cost comparison.

(And I have never lost an airmail shipment, but I have lost a surface mail shipment.)

I guess the wait makes it all that much more enjoyable though. :D

Have fun with all the new toys, and make sure you get dust on them soon to help with the coverup. ;)

ss_11000
12th May 2006, 04:15 PM
very nice timing...enjoy the goodies

Groggy
12th May 2006, 04:44 PM
Thought I'd mention how good the router plane is. This is one very sweet tool. I tried it side by side with a Stanley router plane and the quality and operation is really chalk and cheese.

The finish of the LV is aviation quality (from someone in who's been in aviation for 30 years).

Auld Bassoon
12th May 2006, 07:22 PM
I've been a bit nervous about the missus seeing the box from Lee Valley turn up.

:D :D :D :D :D Happiness is a Lee Valley Package eh?

I have to agree with your comments on the LV Router Plane - little beauties are they not?

Let us know what you think of the winding sticks - I just use a couple of 500mm lengths of good ol' Tassie Oak jointed square...