PDA

View Full Version : good galleries for stocking work

hoopy
13th May 2006, 08:50 AM
Any suggestions for good galleries that stock higher end work? Queensland and interstate? Have had a look online and can't find many, grateful for any suggestions - Hoopy

bitingmidge
13th May 2006, 09:02 AM
Gidday Hoopy,

I don't want to crash this thread, but I'm on a repeating theme at the moment: Why not find a good gallery that SELLS high end work rather than just stocking it? ;)

Try Lasting Impressions in Kenilworth, they are mainly a "painters" gallery but carry a few pieces of glass and wood stuff from time to time

Randy deGraw at Witta (near Maleny) and David Linton in Maleny are both up there as well. They sell their own quality pieces as well as others on consignment, but are at the top of the middle rather than the "high" end.

I don't know of any Queensland Gallery selling timber pieces that I'd describe as "high end", but I'll watch this thread with interest.

Cheers,

P

fletty
14th May 2006, 09:04 PM
Hoopy, If you're down near Canberra I certainly recommend the Bungendore Timber Gallery. Bungendore is a beautiful little town out of Canberra and, for me, the highlight is the timber gallery. For the rest of my artistic family, all of the other galleries are also a hit.
Just to match the earlier 'political correctness', they stock AND sell high end work.
Fletty

powderpost
14th May 2006, 09:23 PM
Try Candlenut Gallery, Port Douglas. I sell a few boxes there. They sell "On Consignment", something I have a lot of difficulty with.
Jim

mat
14th May 2006, 09:25 PM
Bungendore Woodworks has a website

www.bungendorewoodworks.com.au

dai sensei
14th May 2006, 09:42 PM
There are also galleries at Cabargo and Central Tilba on the far south coast of NSW. The one at Cabargo is for a woodturner that works in the window and has won many awards, but I've forgotten his name. The one at Tilba sells many projects from various wood workers.

Not sure if either would suit, or be interested, but you could give them a ring.