PDA

View Full Version : valuations please

bitofascallywag
14th May 2006, 07:14 PM
a freind has a 19 foot traditionally built huon pine river boat down here on the west coast of tas and is putting it on ebay as a partially restored project.after any ideas as to value,can come with good mooring if required.message for pics unless the wild puppy helps out.thanks.
and the barge is doing fine....

Wild Dingo
15th May 2006, 02:49 AM
a freind has a 19 foot traditionally built huon pine river boat down here on the west coast of tas and is putting it on ebay as a partially restored project.after any ideas as to value,can come with good mooring if required.message for pics unless the wild puppy helps out.thanks.
and the barge is doing fine....

Tada!!! The wild puppy to the rescue!!! :D :p Well firstly thank gawd the barge is doin okay!! Thats a relief... I mean you coulda just posted a post sayin HEY yous mob the barge is doin greatguns but do you? no you dont!! And yet you know we or at least I hang out for info just such as that... sigh flamin tasweegian git! :D

ANYWAYS... Whats it worth? A traditionally built huon pine river boat? Whats it worth you ask... well its like this... its worth exactly what someones willing to pay for it of course!! strewth yous tasweegians! :rolleyes: :p

Actually thats the correct answer Shane go to the top of the class me boyo!! :cool:

But the other correct answer is post some pics!!... your mate can send it to West Aussie if he likes as I told Chistopha Im more than willing ready and able to take good no nix that!! Im more than ready and able to take GREAT care of her... and shyte mate if I cant Imagine all the great things I can make with a 19ft boat load of Huon Pine!!! :eek: :D But seriously... pics would give an idea of condition etc which would mean some could hessitate and Propose a hypothetical price they MAY be willing to pay... the mooring is a good insentive for someone local in Tas but utterly useless to someone from say here unless that someone has a holiday house in Tas which they use then it may be useless to them if theyre on the east coast of Tas and the mooring is on the west coast... so a mooring although a handy thing and could induce some extra coinage on ebay is not such a good thing maybe?

Tell me ol mate why isnt he tryin to sell it local? papers etc? or on boatlocator or boatpoint or in boat trader? seems a bit on the risky side sticking her on ebay to me... Roughly put Id suggest a price (this depending on whats left to do to her whats wrong with her etc etc) of as a starting figure of say $1000... and work from there... probably rotted out full of holes patches and broken frames and that would make it worth considerably less... on the other hand she could be a bloody bobby dazzler and only need cosmetics which given its Huon Pine would jack the price a bit more... Interestingly I was right mate sorry... Ive known people to pay bucketloads for a buggared old wooden boat of the sort your talking of and then ive also known people to pay nothing for them Ive known people with a decided madness for woodenboats to travel thousands of miles just to look at such and then not buy it and others who have paid a lot of money for one... depends on whos lookin at the time whos got the money one asks for it and whos prepared to pay that money... name a price there may be someone willing to pay it... its subjective old friend

But no mate I was right the first time... shes worth whatever someones prepared to pay for her no more and no less... but pics help here you do know that dont you?... and its not that hard for your mate to crate her up and send her over here be a bloody good bloke if he did!! he is a good bloke right??? ;)

bitofascallywag
28th May 2006, 07:29 PM
well he has a bit on his plate at the mo,so is hoping some dick head with cash and a love of history comes along,i think he paid triple of what you said,no engine,new transom knee fitted,all ribands fine,only a few seams left to caulk as she is carvel.will be a nice little piece of history one day..

Toymaker Len
28th May 2006, 11:04 PM
I saw a 40 foot tas lobster boat in solid huon sold on Lake Macquarie a couple of years ago for $20K. But it was in horrible condition. The guy was selling it because his son had squatted on the boat and wouldn't leave, so selling was his solution.

echnidna
28th May 2006, 11:20 PM
That's one way a gettin rid of yer son

bitofascallywag
28th May 2006, 11:38 PM
len len len
they are cray boats not bloody lobster boats
yuo are aussie not a septic i guess:D

Wild Dingo
31st May 2006, 04:34 PM
Now listen here you bit of a pimple known as an artist otherwise known as a bit of a scallywag :D ... mate me emails easy as just type in [email protected] and send away!! :cool: ... now just remember I buggar of again next Monday arvo so will be out of communication for 2 weeks from then okay? ;)

As for pics... mmmm you wont mind if I post em for you so this mob can have a gander... eerr aahhh mmmm that is after Ive drooled and dribbled all over them first of course :D

And me address is even easier... for transporting that wee boat across the tasman and the nallyabore that is... just email me and I will lead you astray... eeerr send it!! :eek: ;)

I pwomis to wook afta it I do twoooly wooly I wills!! :D cubs onor!! :cool:

Damn will these flamin flashbacks never cease!!! :eek: