PDA

View Full Version : Components for Google SketchUp

Driver
15th May 2006, 06:08 PM
There are several threads about aspects of SketchUp elsewhere on the forums.

NewLou started one as a gallery for projects designed in SketchUp.

I thought it might be useful for us to have another place where we can post components as SketchUp files to be copied and pasted into our designs.

I've been playing around with a layout for my (proposed!) workshop. Pics #1 & #2 below are two different views. This is a work in progress, by the way. By no means finalised yet.

If you look closely you'll see that I've placed some groups of double GPO power sockets in the walls. I'm going to try to attach my version of a double GPO as a SketchUp file so others can copy and paste it if they wish.

Col

Driver
15th May 2006, 06:15 PM
OK - it seems that I can't attach an skb file.

Here's what the double GPO drawing/component looks like. If anyone wants a copy, PM me and I'll send it to you by email.

However, here's an idea for cyc. Can you set it up so that we can use skb files as attachments? That way we'll be able to share component drawings.

There are some useful ones here:-

http://www.yda-online.com/shopmodels.htm

Col

ozwinner
15th May 2006, 06:51 PM
Ya wont get any work done wiff your hands in your pockets. :p

Al :)

Driver
15th May 2006, 06:53 PM
Ya wont get any work done wiff your hands in your pockets. :p

Al :)

That's not me, mate. I'm much better looking than him!

bitingmidge
15th May 2006, 06:58 PM
Col,

I'm not knocking uploading them to here, I think that's a great idea, but why not stick them in the Google Warehouse (or whatever it's called) as well?

Then this thread could be an index for stuff uploaded there.

(still waiting for the mac version :( )

P

Driver
15th May 2006, 07:05 PM
Good idea! Why didn't I think of that? I'll upload the GPO now. Thanks, Peter.

Sprog
16th May 2006, 08:05 PM
OK - it seems that I can't attach an skb file.

However, here's an idea for cyc. Can you set it up so that we can use skb files as attachments? That way we'll be able to share component drawings.

Col

You could put it in a ZIP file, they are allowed as attachments