PDA

View Full Version : Okay so...

Wild Dingo
18th May 2006, 03:41 AM
Ive got the table saw set up Ive set up the Incra fence... but whats so blasted good or special about it?

think maybe I should fork out the 70 odd $ and buy that ruddy book that in my opinion that since having shelled out 1000 for the blasted fence should have been friggin included in the price? Just to work out whats so ruddy special about the thing!!

Please dont tell me that bloody orange mob SHOULD have given me one when I bought it or I will friggin scream!!! :mad:

Im half a blasted mind to take the mongrel off and stick the one that came with the saw back on!! at least the slots fit the standard jigs!...

Anyone want a good used Incra table saw fence?

felixe
21st May 2006, 06:52 PM
How much?

Dan
21st May 2006, 09:07 PM
... but whats so blasted good or special about it?

You must have had some reason to part with 1000 big ones.:confused:

Stuart
21st May 2006, 09:24 PM
Send a bat-call to Gwhat- he will help you out!

jaspr
22nd May 2006, 11:47 AM
I bought an Incra jig from Professional Woodworkers Suppliers - it was for use with a router, not saw - and it included an instructional DVD.

And good service.

Stuart
22nd May 2006, 01:37 PM
That's Gwhat :D

Wild Dingo
4th June 2006, 04:03 PM
Thanks Stuart :cool:

I visited Carbetex before I left and Garry said he would gather some info details and instructions for me on my return but mate ive been flat out since Monday and now Im about to buggar of again so I havent made it to him... definantly on my return in 2 weeks

I still fail to see the good of it all... as Its set up! And I followed all the tiny setup pics that I got from that other mob...

Seriously its a bloody great fence and I reckon it would be bloody fantastic IF one could work it bloody well out! :mad:

Reckon I should spend a few hours meanderin around that Incra site eh? maybe they have something there that I didnt get? okay will do... and hopefully when I get back Gwhat will have posted some increadibly lengthy dissertation on the hows and wherefores of the thing for my purusal :cool:

rrich
4th June 2006, 04:20 PM
Ive got the table saw set up Ive set up the Incra fence... but whats so blasted good or special about it?

Do you remember last year when you were building that (whatever it was) and you screwed up that piece. Your choice was to try to fill the extra rabbet or make a new piece. But making that new piece, EXACTLY and perfectly the same size was such a problem. How many times did you do it? Each time it was off by half a mil.

Well, with the Incra, you can just set the exact dimension and cut again. You'll have the same size piece this time too. The repeatability of the Incra is the beauty of the system. It may be off by a half of a mil but every cut will be off by half a mil. Yesterday, today and next week, the repeatability remains the same.

Stuart
4th June 2006, 04:44 PM
Mucked about with my router incra jig last weekend- didn't bother really fine tuning it etc, just to see how it sort of worked. Came back inside with a perfectly fitting blind dovetail. When I get around to setting it up properly, well, it is looking promising so far!

Wild Dingo
27th July 2006, 11:14 AM
Okay so Garry at Carbetec sent me the instruction manuals for the fence... Cheers Garry!! :cool:

All bedda now thanks for the assistance fellas! :cool:

John Saxton
27th July 2006, 10:38 PM
Anyone want a good used Incra table saw fence?

I've got $2 left over from me pocket money :rolleyes: but ya must deliver it!!!

:)