PDA

View Full Version : Wadda ya mean "What's it for?"

TTIT
19th May 2006, 12:41 AM
Just when I thought I could get away with making anything I wanted as long as I thought it looked good! Showed this piece to the eldest son and his girlfriend say's "What's it for?":eek::mad::mad::mad:. Back to the shed I head grumbling indignantly as I go. "What would she know about art or woodwork anyway!":(:( "Why should I care what she thinks!":(........ Now it's a (convertable) candlestick holder! :D

For those interested, the pot is Beefwood, the drips are Jacaranda. 180 x 110 . Finished with EEE followed by 2 coats of Shellawax cream. Topped with Ubeaut Traditional wax - for no other reason than the smell - Gawd I love it! First and last time I use Beefwood too - horrible to work with - too resinous which clogs the sandpaper super quick and gums the tools up. Gotta try everything at least once though!:)

HJ0
19th May 2006, 12:45 AM
So whats it for??? lol:D

Seriously very nice work it makes the candle look so plain.

HJ0

Ashore
19th May 2006, 01:04 AM
You didn't show the plug, or how its wired :cool:

Nice though

Rgds

Shedhand
19th May 2006, 01:10 AM
looks like an octopus mating with a truffle!! :D

Skew ChiDAMN!!
19th May 2006, 02:49 AM
Q: "What's it for?"
A: "It's an idiot puzzle."
Q: "Oh... how does it work?"
A: "It already has."

:p

Ya need another one, what good is one candlestick? ;)

MICKYG
19th May 2006, 08:52 AM
TTIT

Very nice addition for the whats it for section on the forum, Just kidding good work as usual.;)

Regards Mike

Iain
19th May 2006, 09:16 AM
So you are saying the sons girlfriend is made of jacaranda ;)

Wongo
19th May 2006, 09:23 AM
Hey that looks awesome man. I like it. Very special.:)

Jill
19th May 2006, 09:54 AM
Hi TTIT - very nice. I've heard so much about Beefwood, but this is the first time I've seen it! Looks fantastic! Shame it's such a pain to work~!

Great job, as usual!! And your bowls are more useful than a painting, yet they are a work of art as well.;)

Cheers,

Jill

TTIT
19th May 2006, 10:03 AM
Q: "What's it for?"
A: "It's an idiot puzzle."
Q: "Oh... how does it work?"
A: "It already has."

Thanks Skew - that's just the response I've been looking for - perfect!:D

Thanks everyone for the comments - flattered:o

oges
19th May 2006, 10:04 AM
It looks excellent, well done

jmk89
19th May 2006, 10:15 AM
I'm still trying to work out how you use it to get stuff out from between your teeth:D :D :D Seems a funny kind of toothpick, TITT:D

coedcae
19th May 2006, 10:18 AM
TTIT nice piece of work, both of those timbers I had not seen in the flesh before, nice contrast.
Will come in handy when those brownouts turn into blackouts or is that only in South East Qld??????
Lovely work

Peter

HoutBok
19th May 2006, 11:03 AM
Pic 2 looks like the classiest egg cup I have ever seen.
Really nice work.

ozwinner
19th May 2006, 06:59 PM
Nice work again..

Al :)

ptc
19th May 2006, 07:01 PM
Along time ago i bought a Beefwood coffee table at Anakie. Gemfest.
it was a heavy bugger. left it in qld when i came here.

PuppyPaw
19th May 2006, 07:29 PM
get that damn candle stick holder out of there NOW!!!

It looks terrific just how it was. Its art, art isn't always going to tell you exactly what it is, the viewer gets to deside.

Besides I would be proud to display that in my home next to other fine peices of work!

Peter36
19th May 2006, 09:31 PM
That looks great TTIT. Love the design and the timber colours http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon14.gif
Peter