PDA

View Full Version : Extreme birdhouse # 17 and 18

cranbrook2
20th May 2006, 07:46 AM
Hi again everyone
here are a few more projects i just finished this week. they are pretty simple designs. i am working on a web site where i will be selling patterns and kits of extreme birdhouses and lawn ornaments.
the designs will be easy enough for most wood workers to figure out :D
thanks again
john

DPB
20th May 2006, 09:45 AM
Ron, I love the extreme birdhouse behind the van.:D

PuppyPaw
20th May 2006, 01:47 PM
does it come with zoned central heating? the birds around our area are a little more picky.. hehhe

bloody brillient bird houses.

cranbrook2
20th May 2006, 11:12 PM
Thank you gentlemen
I was out side yesterday and there are a lot of little birdies sticking their heads out out of the holes.:D

Scally
20th May 2006, 11:43 PM
Pretty cool looking birdhouses John.

Your plans are sure to be popular.

Good luck.

Stuart
21st May 2006, 12:19 AM
Some nice work there. Funny how one quick look at the photos, and you can pick it being North America!

Then there is the old Pontiac Firebird which is a dead giveaway!

cranbrook2
21st May 2006, 01:30 AM
Thank you Stuart and Scally.
i have been getting lots of hits on my web shots site. i got 30,000 hits alone yesterday .
i have been getting lots of request for patterns so i might as well give it a shot.:D
thanks again
john

Stuart
21st May 2006, 09:20 AM
Thank you Stuart and Scally.
i have been getting lots of hits on my web shots site. i got 30,000 hits alone yesterday .
i have been getting lots of request for patterns so i might as well give it a shot.:D
thanks again
john
Sounds like these pattern requests you are getting justify starting a bit of a eBook venture and making some money from it all.

If you are looking at writing a book about it, get in contact with Fox Chapel Publishing http://www.foxchapelpublishing.com/

They are very supportive of new authors. (Don't get daunted - I see this being right down your alley - a book (they are typically about 60 - 100 A4 pages, including the full page photos and plans) on extreme birdhouses!

cranbrook2
21st May 2006, 01:26 PM
Thanks Stuart
i have been thinking the same way . i was thinking about doing a book on different styles and how to build them ,would hopefully get some attention.
Thanks for the link, i will be checking it out.
i will send you a free copy if or when it happens.:D
john

Auld Bassoon
21st May 2006, 06:35 PM
Ok John, I give in. I suppose that you're going to tell us that the weekender on the island is just a bigger "Extreme Birdhouse" too, eh? :D :D

Stuart
21st May 2006, 09:18 PM
Thanks Stuart
i have been thinking the same way . i was thinking about doing a book on different styles and how to build them ,would hopefully get some attention.
Thanks for the link, i will be checking it out.
i will send you a free copy if or when it happens.:D
john

Cool - I look forward to reading it!

There's a link on their site if you are a budding author. They are very helpful, and encouraging.

ss_11000
22nd May 2006, 06:38 PM
great work...but wheres the cats this time?

BrettC
22nd May 2006, 10:32 PM
John,

Great work, you would have liked the display at the 'Floriade' (Garden / flower festival) in Canberra last year, here are some pics:

cranbrook2
23rd May 2006, 01:16 AM
Thank you everyone for all the nice replies. my cats must of been eating when i took them pictures.:D
cool looking houses Brett. they look like they are for some pretty big birds.
Thanks for the great links Stuart
john

Jill
23rd May 2006, 12:21 PM
Great work, once again, John - and I all the best with the e-business and the book!

Cheers,

Jill

cranbrook2
24th May 2006, 05:18 AM
Thank you very much Jill :)
i will let you all know when it happens.
thanks
john