PDA

View Full Version : Bath frame - Oval ends!

kiwirich
20th May 2006, 06:06 PM
Hi,

I am a big reader, first poster so go nice :)

I have a Caroma Starlett bath and have built a standard rectangle hob. So far so good. It's a steel bath and Caroma have told me it cannot be set in mud as it will crack and according to them (and the instructions) must be fully supported under the 100MM rim (i.e. not on the lip). No problem but I need advice on the best way to support the bath on the oval ends. To date I've been using 70x45 pine to support the side lengths and three small blocks on each of the oval ends however the waterproofer needs a continuous run to waterproof to. The only way I can figure on doing the ends is to use several more 70x45 blocks about 100mm long at angles of about 30 degrees next to each other. Caroma were no help - they just said "dunno, never fitted one"! There is a picture of the bath at the following link and the top down view demonstrates my problem as the bath needs to be supported under the 100mm rim.

http://www.caroma.com.au/products/data/bsh/starlett_spabath/main.htm

Thanks in advance.

Rich

ozwinner
20th May 2006, 06:33 PM
Hi and welcome.

Most of the project builders use a 20mm thick cement sheet on top of the frame work that is cut out to the frofile of the bath.

Al :)

Carpenter
20th May 2006, 08:35 PM
You can achieve the curved support by cutting curved strips out of plywood. Screw & glue the first one to the compressed FC Sheet, then screw several layers together to make up the height.

kiwirich
20th May 2006, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the tips. I will give the plywood a shot tomorrow.

Cheers

Rich