PDA

View Full Version : kinetic sculptures

keju
21st May 2006, 11:19 AM
This site's kinetic sculptures remind me of clocks, but they are just for entertainment... the parts move using no electricity or batteries
http://www.woodthatworks.com/

Juvy

Skew ChiDAMN!!
21st May 2006, 06:53 PM
No surprise they remind you of clocks... considering they're basically driven by clockworks. :D Very nice pieces just the same, with workmanship well beyond my skills.

So far.

keju
21st May 2006, 10:06 PM
don't think I'll ever be good enough for somethign like this. I have seen a shop with several of them in a huge US mall once... fascinating things.... would love to have a couple on my wall... better then fishtanks .... no cleaning ( have you ever tried to clean one with the hose/suction method and swalloed a mouthfull??????) :eek:

Juvy

Skew ChiDAMN!!
22nd May 2006, 09:55 AM
You're looking at it wrong... the way I see it, I'm slowly improving with every piece I do. By my estimates, I should be able to make something worthy of display around my 200th birfdy. :)

As for the fish: just once, when I was a kid. Never again! Now I fish 'em out in a net and use a jug and bucket. Well... when I don't weasel out and relegate the job. :D

keju
22nd May 2006, 10:33 AM
guess I'm just not very ambitious..... I just do woodworking for the fun of it.. for making toys..some presents, some needed things... never thought of "I want to eventually be master and make price winning stuff"
I'd be happy if I'd never make firewood or always get the finishing to look good.
As for fish... I got rid of both tanks and never looked back... rather have dogs.... more work I know... but more fun too.
Juvy