PDA

View Full Version : pencil kits

AJcairns
25th May 2006, 09:05 PM
Hi i am chasing some high end if there is such a thing, as in good quality pencil kits to go with JR series or higher quality pens any info would be appreciated. has anyone had dramas with the bushes supplied with JR pens had to get mine machined to big for tubes.

thanks
AJ

bdar
25th May 2006, 10:28 PM
AJ, there is a pencil and a ball point to go with the JR Gent Roller Ball and Fountain Pen. You will have to get them from CSUSA in America. Nils is a great bloke who can help you go to www.woodturnerscatalog.com The bushes you have are for the JR Gent series II and you had a kit for the JR Gent Series I. Series I is a smaller kit and I don't think will be available for long. CSUSA only have Series II kits that I can see. They come in a great range platings, check the site and drop him an email he will only be to willing to help
Cheers
Darren

AJcairns
26th May 2006, 08:54 PM
darren
thanks for the info will call the people i bought from and see what kits they are going to import also thanks for web site will go and send email

thanks AJ

bdar
26th May 2006, 09:53 PM
AJ Carb-a-tec in Brisbane are carrying The Emperor, The Statesman, JR Gents and the woodworkers pencil. There is a JR Statesman and The Gentlemans, it would be great if they carried the last 2 mentioned, that would be the range of top end pens. There are 3 new styles being released in July and one is The JR Emperor. CSUSA have a larger range of platings. The pen crafting business would have to grow at a great rate before suppliers stock everything available. If I need a kit that is not here I go with CSUSA and with freight and conversion it is still pretty reasonable. Have a look at Ernie's site for Sierra pen and Cigar/Big Ben pens and the platings. It's www.beartoothwoods.com Have some copper, gold, chrome and platinum coming soon.
Cheers
Darren

AJcairns
27th May 2006, 08:29 PM
thanks for the heads up have ordered a catalouge from first place seems to have what i am looking for, the second place you said that had the kits is were my problem started and they did not seem very interested may have had a bad day??. I have had a quick look at third site and they also seem to have some great gear does it take long to get from usa to aust..

thanks AJ

bdar
27th May 2006, 10:11 PM
AJ I am waiting for the Sierras to arrive at the moment. I am a member of The Pen Shop run by Johnny Wooten, his site is www.thepenshop.net We have bulk buys on different types of pens at different times, this time it was Sierras. It is a nice kit that no one sells in Australia and nice range of platings as you would have seen. In bulk buys you get them a bit cheaper than you do direct. There is talk that they may do Barons next. Similar to JR Gent series I, but you can post the cap on the end of the pen. There are only 2 types of pens that suppliers in Australia sell that are similar to the Sierra, they are the Americana and the Atlas/Polaris pen both with a single tube. I think Ernie has a good price for his Cigars as well. AJ if you need more suppliers from the States let me know, but I think between Nils and Ernie you will be quite happy.
Cheers
Darren