PDA

View Full Version : New redgum items

fxst
27th May 2006, 07:09 PM
Heres a couple itms I finished today the tealight holder out of 80mm regum offcut and the HD cut from a piece of 25mm regum slab I had laying around gathering dust. The pattern is Lins I think
Pete

Harry72
27th May 2006, 08:44 PM
Betcha there'd be a few bikies/bikers that would love that HD piece hangin in the den.

Lin
27th May 2006, 09:19 PM
Thumbs up on both pieces. I've always cut the HD from 1/8". How hard was it to cut from the thicker stuff. I know that pattern is an intricate one....Broke a few of them in the thinner wood. Keep trying to find time for the lathe in the shop...the tea light looks like something I might be able to handle trying out....thanks for posting the pics.
Lin

fxst
27th May 2006, 10:01 PM
Harry72 being the owner of a 94 ultra classic I had a hidden agenda but yeh it turned out real well just the base to make so it sits on the desk :D
Lin redgum is an oddball it can cut easy or bl**dy hard this piece cut fairly easy for a hardwood. I usually do this type of cut as a desk or shelf ornament so I usually use 3/4 to 1 inch thick timber. On this one I used 2 No 5 FD XL blades a used No1 FD spiral for the thin lines and and a worn No 5 FD Polar the last XL is still good for a few more cuts :D

TEEJAY
28th May 2006, 08:14 AM
Nice work Pete - you Hell's Angel you :D

TTIT
28th May 2006, 11:50 PM
Love the HD piece Pete!:D What size is the board? - wondering if it will look right on that wall over there...

oges
29th May 2006, 09:55 AM
Great work on the both Pete, got to love the Harley logo.

I managed to do a little scrolling over the weekend up at Comboyne, did a little turning aswell. Just learned some basic turning and ended up doing a keyring, nothing major but it was fun. Will see if i can post a pic tonight.

fxst
30th May 2006, 11:13 PM
Love the HD piece Pete!:D What size is the board? - wondering if it will look right on that wall over there...

Its about 11in X 7in I think I cant remember for sure :D
Pete