PDA

View Full Version : Good news and bad..

Shedhand
3rd June 2006, 10:46 AM
I was going to be a grandaddy again but my little girl miscarried. Doctor said it was a risk at her age (36). We had a good cry. Then she told me I was going to be a Great Grandaddy. My only grandchild and her only child (18 y/old) is expecting in jan/feb 2007. We had another good cry.

Cheers

crikey! a greatgrandad at 54!!! :eek:

CameronPotter
3rd June 2006, 11:27 AM
Jeez mate. That is a bit of a roller coaster.

Commiserations about the grandchild and congratulations about the great-grandchild - well... kind of... Now you must be REALLY old. :p ;)

Cam

Shedhand
3rd June 2006, 03:40 PM
Jeez mate. That is a bit of a roller coaster.

Commiserations about the grandchild and congratulations about the great-grandchild - well... kind of... Now you must be REALLY old. :p ;)

CamYou impertinent young whippersnapper. Have some respect for the ancients..cackle cackle..:p

Studley 2436
3rd June 2006, 03:46 PM
Conmisserations on the lost child. Sadly it happens sometimes. Congrats on being a Great Granddad. Too early to start anything now but I look forward to being able to call you Great Grand Shedhand

Studley

Shedhand
3rd June 2006, 04:54 PM
Conmisserations on the lost child. Sadly it happens sometimes. Congrats on being a Great Granddad. Too early to start anything now but I look forward to being able to call you Great Grand Shedhand

StudleyCrikey mate. "Great Grand Shedhand"!! Sounds like a Mason's title....
Thanks for the kind thoughts mate.
Cheers

Ashore
3rd June 2006, 05:19 PM
My sympathy's and congrats also

You may have worries about being a Great Grandad at 54, but how does your daughter feel about being a grandmother at 36?
Still however you both feel it dosen't matter as long as mum and bub are both fine after the birth.

Rgds

Sturdee
3rd June 2006, 05:50 PM
My commiserations and congratulations as well.

Peter.

chrisb691
3rd June 2006, 05:51 PM
Sorry to hear about the mis. My wife and I lost twins, just after we were married, and it's not a very happy time.

I've been sitting here doing the math, and have worked out the following:-

Sheddie had his daughter when he was 18. His daugter had her daughter at 18, and her daughter conceived when she was 18. 18 seems to be a magic number at Sheddie's place. Bet he's got 18 planes. :cool:

Shedhand
3rd June 2006, 06:05 PM
Sorry to hear about the mis. My wife and I lost twins, just after we were married, and it's not a very happy time.

I've been sitting here doing the math, and have worked out the following:-

Sheddie had his daughter when he was 18. His daugter had her daughter at 18, and her daughter conceived when she was 18. 18 seems to be a magic number at Sheddie's place. Bet he's got 18 planes. :cool:I have 36 planes divisible by 2 = 18...
My father was a great grandfather at 55 and I will be 55 a couple weeks before the birth.
I have twin brothers.
Thanks for the sentiments guys.
Cheers

Schtoo
3rd June 2006, 07:19 PM
Sheddy, condolances and congratulations. I'd much rather it be two congrats though. :(

Worried me that kinda thing did, even though I didn't have anything to worry about in the end, aside form how to make some more money. :rolleyes:

Tell ya what, the little fella around here has 3 great grandparents, and just missed out on a great great grandma by a few months. And he doesn't have them great grandparents because they are all young-uns. He will prolly live forever if the family tree has anything to do with it.

Are you going to try and hit great great grand Shedhand or what? :eek: :D

MajorPanic
3rd June 2006, 07:48 PM
Hey Sheddie,

Sorry to hear about your daughter! please send her our regards (OUR = the rat bag woodworkers ;))
While you are at it send your grand daughter our congratulations!! :cool:

Now, are ya interested in a BEAUTIFULLY restored #8 C type 13 Stanley plane...:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Shedhand
3rd June 2006, 09:28 PM
Sheddy, condolances and congratulations. I'd much rather it be two congrats though. :(

Worried me that kinda thing did, even though I didn't have anything to worry about in the end, aside form how to make some more money. :rolleyes:

Tell ya what, the little fella around here has 3 great grandparents, and just missed out on a great great grandma by a few months. And he doesn't have them great grandparents because they are all young-uns. He will prolly live forever if the family tree has anything to do with it.

Are you going to try and hit great great grand Shedhand or what? :eek: :DThanks Schtoo. I reckon I have a show at GG Grand. I'll still only be in my early 70's.

Shedhand
3rd June 2006, 09:38 PM
Hey Sheddie,

Sorry to hear about your daughter! please send her our regards (OUR = the rat bag woodworkers ;))
While you are at it send your grand daughter our congratulations!! :cool:

Now, are ya interested in a BEAUTIFULLY restored #8 C type 13 Stanley plane...:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:Thanks Major Sir. I think I want a Great Grandson for the shed to help me and my little grandson apprentice , Jack around the place.
Gonna have to learn about the different types of planes.

Waldo
3rd June 2006, 10:47 PM
G'day Shedland,

Doesn't seem right what happens in life at times, heart felt sympathies to your family. :( But on the flip side, congratulations on being Great Grand Shedland - it's special thing to see the generations in a family. :cool:

Most important thing in the world is your family - nothing else.

Seeing as you agree with me and have your priorities in order you don't need those planes anymore, hand 'em over son. :D

Shedhand
3rd June 2006, 10:50 PM
not on your nellie mate. they're all for the great grandkids :D
Thanks for your commiserations.
G'day Shedland,

Doesn't seem right what happens in life at times, heart felt sympathies to your family. :( But on the flip side, congratulations on being Great Grand Shedland - it's special thing to see the generations in a family. :cool:

Most important thing in the world is your family - nothing else.

Seeing as you agree with me and have your priorities in order you don't need those planes anymore, hand 'em over son. :D

Waldo
3rd June 2006, 10:52 PM
not on your nellie mate. they're all for the great grandkids :D
Thanks for your commiserations.

G'day Sheddie,

For a worthy cause I'd consider putting myslef up for adoption. :D

Shedhand
3rd June 2006, 10:58 PM
G'day Sheddie,

For a worthy cause I'd consider putting myslef up for adoption. :Dharlot :D :p

Waldo
3rd June 2006, 11:05 PM
harlot :D :p

G'day Sheddie,

I didn't say I'd sleep with you, I just want your planes, not your pants. :D

Shedhand
3rd June 2006, 11:48 PM
G'day Sheddie,

I didn't say I'd sleep with you, I just want your planes, not your pants. :DI say the thread has been officially hijacked. :(

keith53
4th June 2006, 12:04 AM
Sorry to hear this Shed. One of my daughters suffered a mc with twins so I understand your pain.

I was also married at a young age but I think it's a character building exercise...

Just wish I could have had more financial independance then than I have now.

Cheers & commiserations

Keith

Oh, by the way, resist all offers from Waldo. He's got a rep you know:D

Waldo
4th June 2006, 12:13 AM
G'day Shedland,

Sorry. :)

Shedhand
4th June 2006, 12:17 AM
G'day Shedland,

Sorry.All is forgiven mate. ;) Anyway SWMBOATT wears the pants around here.

Keith, thanks for the thoughts mate. Waldo's been tryin' to con my lovely planes out of me for a while now. I'm watching out for any shifty eyed vikings hanging around my back fence. ;)

Waldo
4th June 2006, 12:20 AM
G'day Sheddie,

I'm an honest Viking, my days of ransacking and pilaging are long gone. Helga wears the pants here too and my 2IC is thick as a post, Snert is the only decent loyal mate I've got.