ohno
3rd June 2006, 12:19 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/doriangrey1/Angel.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/doriangrey1/handred.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/doriangrey1/baby.jpg

Nothing needs to be said i guess.:rolleyes:

chrisb691
3rd June 2006, 12:28 PM
They are absolutely beautiful!!!! Wish I had 1% of your artistic talent.

By the way, I read the title a bit fast...and wasn't expecting statues. :D :D :D :D :D

BobR
3rd June 2006, 03:57 PM
Very nice work. I also wish that I could carvings. Can I guess that "OHNO" comes from your carving.:D

BobL
3rd June 2006, 04:17 PM
When saw the title of the post I though I could respond with "baring your arts has to better than baring your (place where the sun don't shine)" but I see your carving do that as well.

Bewdiful stuff, love to see any more of your work! Are you from the "Think of an idea and hunt down the piece of wood to suit", OR, "Find an interesting piece of wood and then play around with ideas to suit"?

masoth
3rd June 2006, 04:18 PM
You can say OH no to this message - I hate you ........ you ..... you extremely clever person. The works are beautiful, and I'm so envious.

soth

ohno
3rd June 2006, 05:37 PM
Bewdiful stuff, love to see any more of your work! Are you from the "Think of an idea and hunt down the piece of wood to suit, OR, Find an interesting piece of wood and then play around with ideas to suit?

Mostly i gather interesting bits of wood which may sit around for years until i finally get the spark.
I bought those two huon pine logs on a trip to tasmania a few years ago. The angel one i had no intention of carving. It was just a nice log. The other piece, the baby one, i bought to carve. Funny how things work out. I thought of the idea for the angel whilst i was day dreaming at work.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the praise everyone. They were great fun to make.
And i've just been bitten by the bug again. This one will be some fiddleback redgum with some silver inlay. I'll post pics if i ever get it done.:cool:

Andy Mac
3rd June 2006, 06:30 PM
Welcome ohno!
Its good to see some more carving about the place! I especially like that bottom one, the way it protrudes/retreats into and out of the wood.:cool:

Cheers,

Auld Bassoon
3rd June 2006, 06:56 PM
Ohno, those pieces are absolutely beautiful! I especially like the 'angel' Have a helping of greenie!

oges
3rd June 2006, 10:33 PM
excellent carvings.

some nice ones at the Sydney wood show today too, im tired so forgive the description. There were a lot of thise spikey burls carved into a forest of trees, with the spikes to resemble the foliage and the middle removes to form the stumps etc, very impressive. Also one to note, a carving of a guy with his head lodged where the sun dont shine... feel like giving it to the person at my work who decided to outsource us to India, but we wont go there... :eek:

ohno
4th June 2006, 10:07 AM
That Angel piece will be in on display in the "Daffodil Day Arts Awards Exhibition" at the 15W gallery at the corner of Williams and Flinders lane, Melbourne. From july 27 to 27 of August 2006.

And possibly regional vic after that. :eek:

AlexS
4th June 2006, 10:59 AM
Great carvings, must have a go sometime.