PDA

View Full Version : Some timber photographs

jow104
3rd June 2006, 06:02 PM
Just returned from an european holiday (toured 7 countries) but took some pictures of timber operations in Austria if you are interested.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/devonwoody/2nd%20album/timberstacks.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/devonwoody/2nd%20album/timbertrain.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/devonwoody/2nd%20album/firewood.jpg

Auld Bassoon
3rd June 2006, 06:41 PM
I hope you had a terrific holiday.

Which countries did you visit, and which was your favourite - and why, if I may ask? I somehow get the flavour of Austria/Switzerland/Bavaria (Germany) in those photos...

jow104
3rd June 2006, 07:16 PM
I hope you had a terrific holiday.

Which countries did you visit, and which was your favourite - and why, if I may ask? I somehow get the flavour of Austria/Switzerland/Bavaria (Germany) in those photos...

Thanks for the interest.
Flew to Berlin. (£25 return) 2 nights.
drove a hired Fiat Punto (9K on the clock) to Poland for two nights.
then journyed to Czech and drove straight through (like the American plains),
to Vienna, (Austria) but would not pay their hotel prices,(around £150 plus per night) and stayed a a motel on the Austria/Hungary border.
Made it to Budapest the next day and again the scenery to me was not inspiring, so got back into Austria and stayed 11 days at a super Alpine location, (£30 the night, purpose built 3 storey holiday complex, only one couple guest site accomodation)
Left after 11 days and toured the Alps in Northern Italy together with the company of around 50.000 cyclist on a rally/race around 6 of their mountain passes and managed to avoid knocking over any bikers.
Political troubles closed the Brenner pass back into Austria and a 300km diversion put us through Switzerland. On to the Rhine/Moselle in Germany where we stayed at an old German holstery of around 150 years old which came with a living room suite and frontage to the Rhine near Bad Rudeshime
Back to Berlin.

Photographs can be posted of many Alpine scenes if anyone shows an interest on another thread.

MajorPanic
3rd June 2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the interest.......
Photographs can be posted of many Alpine scenes if anyone shows an interest on another thread.

Go on jow, ya know ya want to......... SO US YER PICCY'S!! ;) :D :D :D

jow104
3rd June 2006, 07:59 PM
Go on jow, ya know ya want to......... SO US YER PICCY'S!! ;) :D :D :D

OKAY, stand by,
around 1200 to come.
when I have finished all the household duties.;)

echnidna
3rd June 2006, 10:21 PM
pick out your best ones John and we'll see how they look printed on fine art canvas.

oges
3rd June 2006, 11:17 PM
Sounds like a great journey

jow104
3rd June 2006, 11:51 PM
OK Bob.

Look forward to posting shortly.

Wild Dingo
15th June 2006, 02:38 PM
OK Bob.

Look forward to posting shortly.

A week??? Shortly??? Gawd strewth I knew you poms had an attention span issue but this? This THIS this is jus plain redikoolus! :rolleyes: :D takes the words "the attention span of a gnats ass" to new levels :p

Got pics yet?? ;)

Zed
15th June 2006, 04:06 PM
moved to pics forum - zed

jow104
15th June 2006, 05:42 PM
Zed, you are a real pal.:)