PDA

View Full Version : My new shed

Beaton
8th June 2006, 10:23 PM
Hi all i'm about to start the process of getting a shed built:) I was hoping to build it myself to save money and the experiance but working away makes it a bit hard so the shed company will be doing the pad and ercting. I hope to post a few photos and any info about the building. I have chosen a 6X9 m with 1 roller doorand a pa door ihave gonefor 2.7m walls,got stung by the council over the wall height i have had to submit a code 6 form to apply for the extra height from 2.4 to 2.7m cost me another $200:mad: and that dosent even guarentee the extra wall height. If anyone has any ideas that they have done please add them to the post. Cheers guys hopefully pad preperation starts next week.

keith53
8th June 2006, 10:43 PM
Congratulations on the new shed Beaton. Pity to hear about the parasites but in a few months time, you'll have forgotten all about it. Put your thoughts to how you're going to lay it out and what you're going to put in it. You'll get plenty of help here... :)

Cheers,
Keith

Groggy
8th June 2006, 10:48 PM
Shedhand just finished a series of posts where he built his shed, have a look for that thread.

Iain
13th June 2006, 02:20 PM
Mine is 6x12 with 2.7 high walls, makes one hell of a difference in summer as the top of the roof is about 4.5m.
Insulated as well, that helps in winter and stops the drips.
Had my final inspection thismorning (only 2 years:D ) and spent the past 4 days busting a gut to get everything right, building inspector comes out lokks at the building and says, any problems?, no, OK I'll send a copy to council.
If I had have known it was that easy I would have worked as hard to get it perfect:o (downpipes and tank in place, what a bugger of a job, tanks are not light and it wasn't quite in the right position)