PDA

View Full Version : WBAQ meeting

onthebeachalone
9th June 2006, 08:48 AM
For any of you Brisbane blokes who may be interested, and not already involved, the Wooden Boat Association (Qld) meeting is on Tuesday 13 June at the Qld Maritime Museum. It starts with a BBQ ($10.00 each) at 6:00pm and is always a pleasant evening by the river.

Visitors are always welcome.

Send me a PM if you need directions.

Wild Dingo
14th June 2006, 03:42 PM
So???? How was it??? Pics??? strewth yer mean I gotta wait?? :rolleyes:

onthebeachalone
14th June 2006, 04:45 PM
Picture sitting in the Maritime Museum, by the river, at dusk, with bunch of old fogeys who love wooden boats. $10 gets you a beer and steak, salad etc. After a bit of a bull session and (usually) a guest speaker, we grab a coffee, browse through "Wooden Boat" mags and the like. A bit of discussion about the next messabout (Hinze Dam next Sunday). Sometimes we wander over to check out resorations under way in the workshop. Sometimes someone brings in their latest creation to talk about.

It's not bad.

Wild Dingo
14th June 2006, 10:13 PM
So.... wheres the pics?

onthebeachalone
15th June 2006, 08:14 AM
A bit dark for pix at this time of year. I had to have a hurricane lamp on the table so I could see to take money for the BBQ.:o

With a bit of luck I'll get some pix of our motley crew at the messabout next Sunday.:cool:

onthebeachalone
18th June 2006, 08:19 PM
... and a good time was had by all.:cool:
For any wild dingoes out there that want pix, here's pix.

onthebeachalone
18th June 2006, 08:22 PM
Weather was a bit showery, and the wind a bit flukey. Otherwise, a very good day out!