PDA

View Full Version : 6mm marine ply

onthebeachalone
10th June 2006, 12:36 PM
A friend of mine passed away recently having started building a Hartley TS16.

His widow has 12 sheets of 2440 x 1220 x 6mm ply for sale for around $400 the lot.

I don't have details (I think it's Pacific Maple) but she has the receipt with all the details on it. Location Brisbane.

Send me a PM if you would like contact details.

meerkat
18th July 2006, 05:47 PM
Sorry for your loss

onthebeachalone
18th July 2006, 06:00 PM
It's actually a great story. He was diagnosed with leukeamia some years ago. Had endless amounts of horrible chemotherapy, pain and sickness.

Eventually the doctor said "Nothing more I can do".

Obvious next question was "What do I do now, doc?" the doctor said "Go sailing". So he did.

He built a boat which he called "doctors orders" and did years of great sailing "as if there was no tomorrow". Sailing kept him going longer than the doctor ever predicted.

meerkat
18th July 2006, 06:04 PM
It's actually a great story. He was diagnosed with leukeamia some years ago. Had endless amounts of horrible chemotherapy, pain and sickness.

Eventually the doctor said "Nothing more I can do".

Obvious next question was "What do I do now, doc?" the doctor said "Go sailing". So he did.

He built a boat which he called "doctors orders" and did years of great sailing "as if there was no tomorrow". Sailing kept him going longer than the doctor ever predicted.

Good for him.

By the sounds of it we all should take a leaf from his book.

Andrew

gregory
14th January 2007, 09:14 AM
Hi, just new to this Forum, if your friend still has the ply for sale could you give me contact details? Regards greg.

onthebeachalone
14th January 2007, 01:03 PM
Hi, just new to this Forum, if your friend still has the ply for sale could you give me contact details? Regards greg.
Hi Greg, Welcome to the forum. Too late for the ply mate, I ended up buying it myself.
The first couple of sheets became this... http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=38165&d=1168676224

The rest of it is committed to a project that is still taking shape (just in my head so far).

Cheers,

deejaybee
4th March 2007, 12:49 PM
She looks like an exceptionally fitting and suitable tribute.