PDA

View Full Version : looking for a person to assist with creating wooden medallions in Australia

julep
10th June 2006, 08:49 PM
Good Day everyone
I am a visual artist with the use of one hand. I am looking for someone based in Australia to regularly cut medallion type shapes; small- around 62cm in diametre, some rectangular, some in other shapes in various Australian timber. They are going to be used as pendants that I wil be painting on so they need to be thin, as thin as possibly viable so that they can be hung around someones neck. I could order them at a number per time. They could be cut from offcuts that a woodcarver or turner uses.
I would like to know what I should pay for such a service. I am going in hospital for a large operation around September and would like to have the 'pendants' cut and supplied by then. Any advice about the types of wood/timber that would be suitable would be great.

cheers

julie

scooter
10th June 2006, 09:08 PM
Welcome Julie :)

Small edit - methinks 62mm was the size you meant ?

Maybe try posting a message on the scrollsaw forum, or send a PM to "oges" (Brett), he is involved with the Scrollsaw Network, there may be a member who is interested.

Cheers.................Sean