PDA

View Full Version : Sod it Sod it Sod it, give up WW :(

Iain
12th June 2006, 12:32 PM
Out in the shed trying to finish off some cupboard doors for the kitchen (3 years and it's still going).
Finish putting one door together, then the other one, woo hoo, 2 doors done already, next, rout a rebate to fit the panel in, clamp door onto bench, check router bit, yep, all's fine, start to rout, almost completed one run and something is not quite right,
BUGGERI've just cut a rebate into the front of the door, sod it, start again.
Bit of routing to do so I decide to put on earmuffs, grab said muffs off hook on wall, put on and pick up router, left ear feels a bit funny, take off ear muffs, bloody mouse has crawled in between the two pads while hanging up, died and is advanced state of fermenting, god it stinks and I have an earful of dead liquid mouse.
Inside for a coffee, what's that foul smell? says SWMBO.
Might take up another hobby.

Stuart
12th June 2006, 12:47 PM
That is truely gross.

.....How long ago was it that you last used earmuffs for it to get that bad?????

Two-Words
12th June 2006, 12:48 PM
Out in the shed trying to finish off some cupboard doors for the kitchen (3 years and it's still going).
Finish putting one door together, then the other one, woo hoo, 2 doors done already, next, rout a rebate to fit the panel in, clamp door onto bench, check router bit, yep, all's fine, start to rout, almost completed one run and something is not quite right,
BUGGERI've just cut a rebate into the front of the door, sod it, start again.
Bit of routing to do so I decide to put on earmuffs, grab said muffs off hook on wall, put on and pick up router, left ear feels a bit funny, take off ear muffs, bloody mouse has crawled in between the two pads while hanging up, died and is advanced state of fermenting, god it stinks and I have an earful of dead liquid mouse.
Inside for a coffee, what's that foul smell? says SWMBO.
Might take up another hobby.

poor bugger :D:D

ozwinner
12th June 2006, 01:05 PM
poor bugger :D:D

Who the mouse, or Mr Kitchens?

Al :p

Iain
12th June 2006, 01:07 PM
Stuart, I only use the earmuffs for prolonged periods of routing as most other operations are fairly quiet, so, I would say they had been hanging up for about two months.
I have a few baits laying around for the rodent population (plenty of rats and mice with all the horse feed we have around) and I suspect this was a protest of sorts.

Edit, Al, I shall put it in a little bag and mail it to you if you wish.

jugglingogre
12th June 2006, 01:15 PM
You poor sod. We had a mouse die inside the PABX in our reception at work. Stank like all buggery for a week until it dried out:eek:

Thanks for the laugh though:D Bet you check your earmuffs before you try em next.....the new set that is;)

ozwinner
12th June 2006, 01:15 PM
Edit, Al, I shall put it in a little bag and mail it to you if you wish.

Im pretty well right for kitchen doors at the moment, but thank you for your kind offer anyway.

Al :p

Carry Pine
12th June 2006, 01:24 PM
Better than cutting your toes off like on the Safety posting.
Carry Pine

NewLou
12th June 2006, 03:59 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr

Now that ones worthy of "Blockhead of the week"

REgards Lou:p

Shedhand
12th June 2006, 05:06 PM
whewww. It must smell like a collingwood change room...

dazzler
12th June 2006, 06:23 PM
whewww. It must smell like a collingwood change room...

And wasnt this afternoon just glorious........

Oh and whats a socceroo?

Are our girls playing somewhere:p

Stuart
12th June 2006, 06:28 PM
You poor sod. We had a mouse die inside the PABX in our reception at work. Stank like all buggery for a week until it dried out:eek:

Thanks for the laugh though:D Bet you check your earmuffs before you try em next.....the new set that is;)

I check mine each visit to the shed to make sure some of the local redbacks haven't found a new home.

bloody cricketers.

Groggy
12th June 2006, 06:30 PM
Eewww, still, better'n a live meesy in your ear while your cutting!

Tomorrow will be better.

Groggy (who once ate some awful toast and found a dead you-know-what in the toaster) .

Auld Bassoon
12th June 2006, 07:09 PM
Mate! Far too much detail :eek:

You obviously don't wear you muffs as much as you should...

echnidna
12th June 2006, 08:16 PM
anyway ya got the basis fer a nice tasty stew!!!!

scooter
12th June 2006, 08:48 PM
Good thing it wasn't the respirator... :eek:

Stuart
12th June 2006, 09:29 PM
More mince :D

AlexS
12th June 2006, 10:37 PM
Congratulations! you have been visited by the FLICK UP FAIRY.:D

soundman
12th June 2006, 11:18 PM
Now i never put anything like that on without lookigg inside. muffs, respirator, boots, cricket box, or anything like that.

I always open my muffs up look inside & blow in each muff pefor I put them on.
What if there was a live wasp in there:eek:

Lots of things like warm enclosed places.

Sorry I'm just a boy scout.:D

cheers

RufflyRustic
13th June 2006, 09:35 AM
I always jump or stamp on my leather gardening gloves before putting them on..... Does that make me a girl scout or just a chicken? :D

cheers
Wendy

Schtoo
13th June 2006, 09:41 AM
Wendy, I jump on my leather gloves here too.

Old habits die hard guess.

That, and finger sized centipedes like to hide in the fingers... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Iain
13th June 2006, 09:42 AM
Normally I check everything, but not this time.
My respirator lives in a snapseal bag, earplugs the same (I sometimes use them for prolonged use as they are more comfortable), safety glasses in a drawer so they don't get dusty and I hate spending money on new ones (they are bi-focal) and the muffs hang on a hook about 7' in the air and out from the wall a bit the little rodent in question must have done a bit of a tightrope walk to get to the end of the hook then somehow edged down the headband and inside.
Whats worse is that they are the sound cancelling electronic ones:mad:
Much dettol was applied yesterday and they are now air drying, away from known mouse zones.

silentC
13th June 2006, 10:14 AM
I put mine on a couple of weeks ago to use the thicknesser. I felt something crawl into my ear right at a crucial point when I couldn't stop. As soon as I could, I whipped one ear off and shoved my finger in. It came out with a brown smudge on it. Can only assume it was a small spider of unknown species.

soundman
14th June 2006, 11:47 PM
I'm seeing some interesting cartoon like visions here, I can just see wendy jumping up & down (in the style of Graham Garden or John Cleese) on this pair of gardening gloves.

& silent c with something reninicent of the old lady who swalowed a fly except with a spider in his ear.

:D :D :D

I always whack my gloves on the brick wall & then shake upside down.

cheers

havenoideaatall
23rd June 2006, 02:26 PM
A kick up the rear end for every offence.

"They're not Ear Muffs Private, they're Ear Defenders!"

Iain
23rd June 2006, 02:42 PM
A kick up the rear end for every offence.

"They're not Ear Muffs Private, they're Ear Defenders!"
I had a Commission so it doesn't count:p

TTIT
23rd June 2006, 03:44 PM
Much dettol was applied yesterday and they are now air drying, away from known mouse zones.

Thanks for the laugh Iain - needed something to wake me up at work!:D Doesn't matter how much Dettol you use mate!:D I had one go ass up in my bike helmet once - wasn't a chemical in the book that could make that thing fit for human habitation again!:(;)

outback
23rd June 2006, 05:46 PM
I always whack my gloves on the brick wall & then shake upside down.

cheers

AHHHMM, shaking whilst your'e the right way up doesn't work then. :confused: :p :rolleyes:

Felder
23rd June 2006, 05:58 PM
I whipped one ear off and shoved my finger in. It came out with a brown smudge on it.

:eek::eek::eek:
You sure that was your ear, Silent?

I have to listen to it all day, but I've never had it leaking out my ears!

jow104
23rd June 2006, 07:20 PM
Iain
Quote, take off ear muffs, bloody mouse has crawled in between the two pads while hanging up,

Iain you want to be thankful it wasn't that Jeseus you told Janet about.:D

Iain
23rd June 2006, 10:08 PM
He was crucified three months ago, four feet of tiger, and I thought he was a black.
Made the mistake of crawling through past the front door while I was out there.
Relocated him to another spot (or two).