PDA

View Full Version : Couple of photos from new member

TomH
12th June 2006, 11:27 PM
Hello all,

Sorry if I've sent this before - seem to be having a bit of a speed issue.

Came across the site when researching scms - lots of useful advice and going to buy a makita ls1214 shortly. Just moved back from 4 years in the uk and bought a new place with a garage, but no so much room for working so have to be creative.

Only just gone digital, but thought I's post a box I made for a mate's wedding.

Cheers,

Tom

jugglingogre
12th June 2006, 11:36 PM
Nice set of boxes. I like the cross rails and how you have crosses a number of them for the dividers.

How big are the four individual boxes and what is the purpose of this unit?

Cheers

Pete

Wongo
12th June 2006, 11:43 PM
Nice looking box. I like it.:)

BobL
12th June 2006, 11:56 PM
Tom,
How do you remove the small boxes from the big one?
Cheers

Simomatra
13th June 2006, 09:13 AM
Well done TomH

Nice boxes, what are they used for?

Look forward to your next post

BTW welcome to the mad house

TomH
17th June 2006, 08:30 AM
Hi All,

The big box is about 330mm square, so the small boxes are about 120mm square. The purpose is to look good! I've made a couple for friends and one mate uses it to store pot pourri on the coffee table, another has jewellery in it. I've tried a couple of methods to make the boxes easy to remove. They are finished with beeswax, so slide easily, so as long as you can remove the lids then you can pull them out. If you allow 4-5mm clearance between the lid and the box, and also make sure the lid sits 1-2mm proud of the big box, then most people can get their fingers around the lid. You can also slightly taper the underside of the lid on one of the corners, so if you press it down then the opposite corner raises up.

Thanks for the comments folks.

Tom