PDA

View Full Version : crosscut sled dummy run wip

tonysa
14th June 2006, 11:13 PM
OK, piccies attached of dummy run at crosscut sled for new TS.
Everything slides in the tracks, no discernable play either. got the non-critical back attached, will need some supports down sides. runners are jarrah with coating of trad wax. Good stuff that Trad Wax !

cutting the slot was interesting, slowly does it. didn't want the sled hurtling across the shed.

now just gotta figure out best way to attach the front to ensure its accurately at right angles to the saw ? I suppose i should incorporate some means of adjusting. I'll have to look at the other pics of crosscut sleds.

didn't want it too big, going to be used for boxes if successful

I'm going to make one for 45 degree bevels, make nice neat mitres, zero clearance, hopefully no tear out. I'm assuming its ok to make one for 45 degree bevels.

anyway its a start.

cheers
tony

scooter
15th June 2006, 12:15 AM
Onya Tony, keep it up.

I think the go is to screw the fence on either with one hole oversize or slotted to accomodate fine tuning, or just screw one end & clamp the other somehow until you have it spot on then screw it down.

Cheers.....................Sean

RufflyRustic
15th June 2006, 09:47 AM
Good one Tony, that's a great start!

cheers
Wendy

NewLou
15th June 2006, 09:50 AM
Nice Job Tony:)

Only thing i'd recommend is to add a cage for the blade as it passes through the end of your sled so that you reduce the risk of a nasty suprise.

Looks neat & should do the job nicely

REgards Lou:D:D:D

tonysa
15th June 2006, 07:41 PM
cage is good idea, i saw a couple on some web sites and will certianly include in the finished design
thanks for the reminder
TonySA