PDA

View Full Version : High rise on drill press table

Tiger
15th June 2006, 08:08 PM
Dear all,

I am going to make another drill press table. The first one I made was good, it had the patented Sturdee knobs, the t-track and a solid hardwood fence with t-track in it. Only problem was that the handle of the drill press kept hitting the base of my drill press table. My handle has quite a high rise on it. I have the Ryobi 12 speed drill press and was wondering what others have done with a similar high rise problem. Have seen some of the suggestions on the forum but they may still not be enough for mine.

TTIT
17th June 2006, 12:25 AM
Not sure about the problem with the handle Tiger but fitting an EZlift from Piric industries (the guy that makes the Wasp and Blowfly sanders) would allow you to throw the handle away completely!:D

Tiger
17th June 2006, 09:07 AM
TTIT, my drill press'es crank handle bumps into any table that I attach to the current circular table that is on the drill press. It has quite a high rise at the top of its swing around, 21 mm. Because I need to do metalwork as well as woodwork I need some way of quickly taking tables on and off the circular table but the handle is a nuisance. I have thought about the EZ lifter but am looking to see if there's another solution.