PDA

View Full Version : Does The Wood Talk To You?

Gil Jones
16th June 2006, 04:03 AM
:d

Wood Borer
16th June 2006, 08:09 AM
Gil,

It talks to you whilst you are making it dizzy spinning on a lathe, for me it talks whilst I am shaving it with planes and chisels.

RufflyRustic
16th June 2006, 10:20 AM
Wow - What a great Tshirt!!! and a great turner's Website too! Some very talented turners on their site.

Thanks Gil

Cheers
Wendy

Goonyella
16th June 2006, 10:36 PM
Wonderful shirt and yes the timber does talk to me. Sometimes I can't understand what it says though.

Steve.

BobL
17th June 2006, 10:48 AM
Last weekend I was sawing up a small split log with the intention of making some carved knife handles. Once I had the 20 mm slabs in front of me the wood said, "You are not turning me into handles I want to be some book ends"! , so I had to go find another log.

masoth
17th June 2006, 05:40 PM
Doesn't talk, but sings to me:

"Wooden It Be Lovely"

Wild Dingo
17th June 2006, 06:18 PM
Last weekend I was sawing up a small split log with the intention of making some carved knife handles. Once I had the 20 mm slabs in front of me the wood said, "You are not turning me into handles I want to be some book ends"! , so I had to go find another log.

Hey!! that sounds like the wood thats been talkin to me for so long!! Every friggin peice!! I pick it up or cut it or buy it whatever but as soon as I start to look at it... it speaks "YOU will NOT use me in a boat!" and so I have to stack it back again and find cut buy another peice... and the same friggin thing happens!! :mad:

I seriously gotta find some wood that WANTS to be a boat soon or Im gonna go totally troppo! :eek:

RufflyRustic
17th June 2006, 08:41 PM
Cool - new club members:)

Welcome Wild Dingo, Goonyella, BobL and Masoth - http://www.ubeaut.biz/ms.gif

I wonder if we could come up with our own t-shirt, hmm, red, leather, tight......:D

cheers
Wendy

Wood Butcher
17th June 2006, 08:45 PM
http://www.ubeaut.biz/ms.gif - Prez of the Wood Listener Club. Do you hear the wood talking?
Wendy doesn't hear the wood talking, she has in depth conversation's with it:p:p.

Have a great w/end Wendy!!!:D

Just George
17th June 2006, 08:47 PM
Where are these available from in Australia?

RufflyRustic
17th June 2006, 09:01 PM
Wendy doesn't hear the wood talking, she has in depth conversation's with it:p:p.

Have a great w/end Wendy!!!:D

Too Right!!!!!:D :D :D Today has been good, the moon is waning so it's lost its power - I'm happy and so is Iain.

cheers
Wendy
(shhhhhh out there, I'll be back to deal with you recalcitrant boards tomorrow!!!!!)

Gil Jones
18th June 2006, 04:13 AM
The T-shirts are at this site.
http://www.cafepress.com/wr_store

Gil Jones
18th June 2006, 04:20 AM
Yup, Wendy, Woodturner's Resource is a very good site. This is my personal WR gallery >> http://www.turnwood.net/Photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=41

RufflyRustic
19th June 2006, 09:37 AM
Nice Gil!!! Very Nice Work!! I'd have to say my favourites are the pear bowls/vases with the natural timber edge. For some reason, I've been really taken with bowls like this lately.

Thanks for the link.

Cheers
Wendy

ss_11000
19th June 2006, 09:36 PM
brilliant work gil....nice photo too, good to put a face to a name.

love the inside out vases amognst other things....btw, i also saw the donut chuck thread

Wild Dingo
20th June 2006, 01:06 AM
I wonder if we could come up with our own t-shirt, hmm, red, leather, tight......:D

cheers
Wendy

Ahem... maybe for you!!! :cool: Definantly NOT for moi!!! :eek: I want the wood to speak to me not get so damned shytescared it turns to toothpicks at the sight of me! :eek:

Gil Jones
20th June 2006, 04:11 AM
Woodturner's Resource is a good group of folks from around the world. Thanks for looking.:)
You are welcome to join, if you wish.

ddeen
20th June 2006, 04:56 AM
Please not the trash can. I'll be good if you keep me in the scrap bin.

RufflyRustic
20th June 2006, 09:42 AM
Yeah, well, just think how much time I'd save cutting kindling if you did that for me Shane;) :D :D

cheers
Wendy

Wild Dingo
20th June 2006, 09:43 PM
:D :D Glad to know Im of some use somewhere eh!! :D

Now I reckon if you supply the pink tutu the red leather teeshirt and I supply the japanese hobnailed flyin boots for me and I will supply the blue short shorts and the shearers singlet along with the double overhead beer dispenser for you... I reckon we could scare up so many toofpicks that wed be rich forever!! Just you an me girl :p :D :D

Ashore
20th June 2006, 09:56 PM
Well mabye the odd question " why did you do this to me?" The rest of the time it moans and squeels a lot.:rolleyes: